March for Life rally-goers don't know what the word "adoption" means

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

12 Likes

If anyone doesn’t already know this but is interested in what these anti-choice laws mean for real people, this one is a longer watch at 33 minutes, and specific to the recent TX law, but covers concerns for both the pregnant people and the medical professionals most directly, immediately impacted by these laws:

19 Likes

“Choose abandonment” would definitely not drive the narrative where they want it to go

14 Likes

If you changed your approach and were more conciliatory to her position - you would have more success in convincing her.

Maybe.

15 Likes

Silly… everyone knows that a woman not using the most polite of words deserves nothing but contempt… /s

16 Likes

Remember- you never have to cater to woman’s concerns- only to misogynists.

This will bring about equity through some mysterious process.

15 Likes

If only we were more polite, they wouldn’t be misogynists… /s

14 Likes

Stop hitting me or I shall politely ask to to stop again!

Sounds legit.

13 Likes

Of course that means that children are a punishment for sex. A stance that I find bothersome.

8 Likes

̶p̶r̶o̶-̶l̶i̶f̶e̶
̶a̶n̶t̶i̶-̶c̶h̶o̶i̶c̶e̶
forced birth

12 Likes

Or, you know, dying. (This is the same crowd against giving their kids the HPV vaccine - their position basically amounting to a passive honor killing.) It explains why they’re so little concerned about actual children, too.

11 Likes

Having your autonomy to make a choice taken from you is the punishment.
Being forced to go through pregnancy and labor is the punishment.
Being forced to choose between lost opportunities and poverty or the pain of giving up a child that you carried against your will and gave birth to (and yes, this is still painful, even if you did not want the child) is the punishment
Being 16 and having to tell your abusive parents you are pregnant is the punishment
Being slut shamed by your church is the punishment
Being any age and having to tell your abusive spouse that you are pregnant (again) is the punishment
Feeling trapped in an abusive relationship for the children is the punishment

To these people the child is just the prestige - the thing that is left over after the trick has been performed

14 Likes

19 Likes

Absolutely this. Cannot improve on that statement.

16 Likes

My state legislator proposed a similar bill a few years ago, when they tried to pass the heartbeat bill.

15 Likes

It is worse than just hypocrisy. These women are out telling other women they should choose adoption, but literally do not know what they are talking about. They’ve never taken in children through the foster system, never gone through an agency and adopted a child. They have no clue what those children have been through on their journey to adoption. They don’t know the heartache of explaining to a child why they were not wanted by their biological parents. They’ve never dealt with a child welfare agency, nor been to court trying to protect an adopted child’s right. Never had to shield or protect them from non-custodial parents. Never had to help a child through a school assignment creating a family tree. They haven’t had to comfort a child whose schoolmates belittled them for not having a “real” family. And there’s lots more. So don’t tell somebody to “choose” to do something of which you know absolutely nothing.

14 Likes

At what point did that ever stop any of them?

8 Likes

I have seen Tango performed in Buenos Aires. I am pretty sure that sterilization of BOTH parties could not reliably prevent someone getting knocked up

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.