Marching band tuba player punches out heckler in stands then keeps right on playing (video)

Originally published at: Marching band tuba player punches out heckler in stands then keeps right on playing (video) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Black college marching bands; fuck around and find out.

29 Likes

That’s a Sousaphone.

25 Likes

Tuba honest, he’s just lucky he didn’t piccolo on the drummer.
It may sound trumpeted up, but this could have ended even more violinly.

19 Likes

I believe I made comment earlier about harassing a band and getting clocked by an irate tuba player and was roundly panned for it.

JS

1 Like

*shrugs

Tough crowd.

I didn’t see the aforementioned conversation, and so it should go without saying that I was not one of the folks who sat in criticism.

My opinion on this conversation stands, regardless of who does or does not agree with it.

12 Likes

Should’ve been at USC. “Fight on!”

1 Like

I’m reminded of this one time at bandcamp when Keith Richards took out a fan who invaded the stage…

(Don’t click if you have a sensitive disposition!)

2 Likes

As a former band nerd, all I can say is…

Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

15 Likes

That must have hurt.

18 Likes

As a Sovereign Citizen I don’t believe I have to Submit to State Authority, including State University marching Bands.

2 Likes

That fella lucky it wasn’t a flaming tuba (a la Titanium Sporkestra)

4 Likes

seriously, though, who heckles ANYONE in a marching band? i mean… really?

13 Likes

Football players. Cheerleaders. The popular kids. Their parents. Pretty much anyone who isn’t a band nerd or some other kind of geek.

12 Likes

Of all the people in the band to pick on, he chooses the one who had an option of being a linebacker.

6 Likes

The football coach at my HS was my English teacher. Not a complete meathead, but definitely preferred coaching to teaching. I was 6’-1", ~250 lbs., and I could move. But I was a clarinetist, and I loved marching band. He didn’t make fun of me directly, but I could tell he just didn’t understand why someone who looked like me didn’t want to butt heads on a field. Meanwhile, I don’t have to worry about CTE, and my fingers remain unbroken.

19 Likes

Needs more cowbell

6 Likes

That tuba player did get a good few blows in.

5 Likes

That “heckler” appeared to be very animated… even angry. I doubt he was commenting on the player’s performance. What could it have been? Hm. Hmmmmmm.

Anyway, never fuck with tuba players. They have a lot of brass.

14 Likes

More like a kung-fu-zaphone, amirite?

6 Likes