Maria Butina to plead guilty to conspiracy, accused Russian agent flips to help investigations

It’s a pickle for her, especially now that the next investigator she’ll talk to has just shown what happens to people who only pretend to co-operate fully.

Whatever she does or doesn’t know about Dolt-45, she does provide strong supporting evidence for Mueller that the Russians were meddling in the 2016 election through Republican operatives. If her name appears in Mueller’s report she’s in for the old polonium tea one way or another. She might have a better chance of avoiding that by singing like a bird, providing the receipts where she can, and ending up in a relatively comfortable federal prison [ETA: followed by witness protection] for the rest of her life.

…and the Russians! Also, please don’t throw me in that briar patch.

18 Likes

Which means we can trust absolutely bupkis this person says.

I really wish our system would drop this spurious practice.

1 Like

If I were here I would be wanting some kind of witness protection instead of deportation.

12 Likes

That’s the best deal for her: 5-8 years in a Federal prison for full co-operation, followed by plastic surgery and this:

14 Likes

I wonder if Putin even cares at this point. It’s all out in the open and his agents did what they set out to do.

13 Likes

For what it’s worth, Seth Abramson keeps saying that the Special Counsel is not going to issue a final report any time soon. The investigation is very large and complex, and will continue for several years.

Anyway, Muller would hardly be out of the loop on any case relating to contacts between the Russian government.and the Republican Party.

8 Likes

How does a spy fare in prison? We will find out.

3 Likes

You may be right; a win-win for Putin no matter what happens.

5 Likes

This is delicious. I don’t know if I can have another bite. I might just be a little bit full.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m going back for thirds and fourths, but boy, this is going to be on my hips later.

7 Likes

I dunno. If they’re in danger of “broke”, they must have seriously cooked their finances.

NRA Form 990s:
https://www.erieri.com/Form990Finder/Details?EIN=530116130

8 Likes

Mission accomplished when it comes to undermining confidence in American liberal democracy, sure. But he also makes a point of making gruesome and public examples of his spies who spill Russia’s intelligence secrets to the West. Those old KGB habits die hard.

If she thinks she’ll end up like Anna Chapman she’s fooling herself.

13 Likes

She’s just got to break out and get to Zurich.

6 Likes

“Nice day for a mow!”

12 Likes

Is this the smocking gun???

13 Likes

Dear NRA:
fart%20band

9 Likes

10 Likes

Maybe you aren’t anywhere at all… (couldn’t help it)

7 Likes

I should go ninja edit that but meh, too late.

5 Likes

Oddly, there is an edit button here. I just can’t resist a Firesign Theater reference tho.

6 Likes

Right? I mean, even with all of the information public, Putin is the only person who looks like a fucking genius here. He got everything he wanted, only has to deny involvement minimally (which has always been the Russian MO in situations like this) and everyone he used goes down in flames or dies in mysterious circumstances. There’s no downside.

7 Likes