Marjorie Taylor Greene attempts to cast Fox News as the victim

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene attempts to cast Fox News as the victim | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Will defending fox"news" play well among the voters here?:

weary and lamentable probabilities say: yeah -sigh-
(“missed our chance to categorize fox’news’ addiction as a ‘schedule 1’, didn’t we?”)

3 Likes

Like used car salesmen, we know they are full of sh*t yet they persist.

4 Likes

Margie, if all you were doing was engaging in legitimate criticism, why did you feel the need to ask Trump for a pardon?

11 Likes

MTG has worst take possible; film at 11.

6 Likes

Wait, Fox agreed to give Dominion just shy of a billion dollars because they got caught posting the equivalent of a bad Yelp! review?

Nah, I don’t think that’s how that works.

13 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s totally legit.
The guy three doors down from me was running an air BNB.
One bad review, one lawsuit later, he’s now swanning around on a 400 metre megayacht from the proceeds of the trial. Defamation, man, it gets expensive.*

*This is all cockspittle and bullshit, sorry.

2 Likes

As I recall, Trump was calling for the loosening of libel laws at one point, so he could come after news organizations that criticized him.

Please someone remind her of that to her face on live TV.

10 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Explain The First Amendment To Me

Energy leeches gonna leech energy.

3 Likes

As with many things for that cohort, they lack the cognitive ability to understand how existing libel laws actually work, much less why. They also fundamentally lack the belief in the rule of law that would caution them against expanding a principle that can and would come back to bite them or their allies.

I find it hard to believe that a graduate of the University of Georgia with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree doesn’t know the difference between criticism and defamation.
Surely that subject is discussed as part of Business Administration education, isn’t it?

1 Like

Why are we still taking MTG at her word? It’s clear that she’s putting on an act for fund raising and votes, and is a fascist. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yep, it’s unbelievable. As in “I don’t believe it.” Of course she knows the difference.

She’s bullshitting. And she knows it. And it’s for all the worst reasons.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.