Marjorie Taylor Greene blasts Speaker Johnson in 5-page letter to GOP colleagues

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/09/marjorie-taylor-greene-blasts-speaker-johnson-in-5-page-letter-to-gop-colleagues.html

6 Likes

This is really all just a note to Trump…

She wants to be his VEEP bad.

19 Likes

MTG:

16 Likes

My brain cannot handle that someone actually believes “full term abortion” is a thing.

Unless she means school shootings, because her group is all in on those.

21 Likes

I want to ask what her end game is, but I’m positive she doesn’t have one.

8 Likes

Yup.

This abortion provider group has their own lobbyist organization, coincidentally named the NRA, and have gone to great lengths to ensure that their is no accountability in their “practice of medicine” by their lay-members.

5 Likes

Marjorie Taylor Greene blasts Speaker Johnson in 5-page letter to GOP colleagues

Five pages??? That’s a lot of crayon.

16 Likes

It’s going to be fun when he has to make a VP choice, and seventeen or so of the supporters he promised the gig to will find out he really wasn’t that into them.

3 Likes

She is helping the Democrats by making the GOP into a dysfunctional clown conspiracy who can’t get anything accomplished.

Is she, though? The goal here is to stop the funding (ETA: for Ukraine) from getting through for as long as possible, and if there is no speaker, then that process of getting the Ukraine funding to the floor for a vote drags on even longer.

9 Likes

Speaker Johnson,

If she’s going to accuse you of working with Democrats even though you aren’t, I would suggest you just give up and prove her right. I’m sure if she moves for a Speaker vote, the Democrats will save your job if you agree to bring Ukraine funding to a floor vote.

10 Likes

That’s what people keep saying… :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Normally, I’d say fuck him. I’m willing to compromise just for Ukraine’s sake.

11 Likes

Yeah, very much agreed. I don’t think they’re wrong given the situation. The far right wing is pretty much entirely on-board with the move towards authoritarianism, and are willingly throwing in their lot with Putin to get the kind of country that they want.

7 Likes

Who on Earth helped her write it? That’s an awful lot of words, unless she double-spaced and used those extra fat crayons.

Seems like MTG heard about how deeply and universally hated Ted Cruz was and decided to try to break his record.

4 Likes

It’s working on me, I do hate her more than Ted Cruz! But, what I feel for him is more like disgust / revulsion than hate, so there’s that.

5 Likes

There is no greater indictment of the Republican Party than the fact that they allow this deeply stupid, utterly incompetent, thoroughly vile person to wield so much power. It is solid proof that they should never win an election ever again.

3 Likes

4 Likes