Marjorie Taylor Greene goes berserk: "Republican party wants to ... stab Americans in the face!" (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/18/marjorie-taylor-greene-goes-berserk-republican-party-wants-to-stab-americans-in-the-face-video.html

4 Likes

You lost me at:

Streaming to incite hate, bigotry, violence and terroristic face stabbing is that guy’s only purpose in life. It’s no surprise that Comrade Sporkfoot loves making appearances there to commiserate about terroristic face stabbing.

10 Likes

Knowing the toxic bile that runs through Steve Bannon’s veins I bet if someone actually tried to stab him in the face it would be like that scene in Alien when they tried to cut off the facehugger.

14 Likes

Confused here.

If the model they’re aiming at is an autocracy headed by a single, powerful dictator, wouldn’t it make sense to work in sync with what the would-be autocrat has signalled he wants?

7 Likes

She’s real constructive, that MTG…

10 Likes
9 Likes

And I’m not sure, as with many of her actions, how much is just an attempt to derail things by tr0lling, and how much is that she actually believes in what she’s proposing.

4 Likes

I just assume see means all of it. Anything that might be, maybe, surely that’s tro1ling isn’t exactly that much crazier or stupider than everything else she says and proposes.

4 Likes

I’m not sure how much of it is pure cynicism; and how much is blinkered sincerity in the belief that Great Leader requires the most able servants, and that they are those; but autocracy seems to bring out particularly vicious jockeying for the best slices of delegated power. I assume it’s the combination of the deliberate destruction of cooperation and limits on authority increasing the amount of centralized power to fight over vs. more distributed systems and the destruction of procedures for cooperation and limits on authority removing relatively safe, formalized, mechanisms for competition in favor of ad-hoc knife fighting.

This before or after the leopards show up to eat Americans [“in the face”]?

Seems kinda redundant if the Leopards Eating People’s Faces Party™ is going to spend all this extra effort…

3 Likes

The modern Leopards Eating People’s Faces Party uses cutlery, you know, because they are so very civilised and dignified

8 Likes

So… the Leopards Eating People’s Faces Party is now using… tools?

I mean, apart from tools like MTG and DJT et al.?

8 Likes

Seems to me that at this point she herself couldn’t make this differentiation if she wanted to.
It’s both at the same time.
(Something, something, Vonnegut/Eco…)

5 Likes

7 Likes

Well, Marjorie Taylor Greene, if you think the Republican party is so terrible I suppose you won’t be accepting any of its money (what’s left after Donald Trump has raided its accounts for his legal bills) or support, right?

So which party are you going to switch to? Greene (MA-GA) perhaps? Or Greene (R[ussia]-GA)?

3 Likes

A spokesperson later clarified that Greene was fine with the face-stabbing, but was upset about funding foreign wars. “The Congresswoman objects to spending money abroad that could be better spent here at home to buy new and more powerful instruments of face-stabbery. There’s a whole lot of faces right here in the US that could use some stabbing – generally speaking, darker ones – and we’re not going to meet our face-stabbing targets if we keep frittering away money on other people’s conflicts.”

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.