Marjorie Taylor Greene: eclipse a sign God wants America to repent

All hail the Unconquered Sun!

10 Likes

MTG = Medieval Tropes Grifter?

8 Likes

I am not the least bit surprised she doesn’t understand astronomic events or geological ones for that matter. Water is wet.

10 Likes

Suggested title change:

Marjorie Taylor Greene: a sign God wants America to repent

10 Likes

6 Likes

Maybe god wants republicans to repent :woman_shrugging:

18 Likes

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

How’s it feel now right wing evangelical doom predictors!!!

9 Likes

The ignorance is baffling. I don’t know when I learned how eclipses worked because I was too young. Somewhere under 10. But obviously this is a person who doesn’t let facts get in the way. It reminds me a bit of how Speaker Johnson declared that homosexuality caused the fall of the Roman Empire- an event that curiously happened after the Empire adopted Christianity and banned homosexuality, suggesting the opposite, if anything.

I wonder at how much bandwidth a website dedicated to simply listing the factually incorrect nonsense these people say would need.

8 Likes
3 Likes

5 Likes

I could see that backfiring:

“And now, to demonstrate my powers, I will dim the light of the sun …”

“The pale-skinned sorcerer is stealing the sun! Kill him and his companions before he completes his theft!”

“Well, this isn’t going exactly as planned, Quartermain old chap – any other ideas?”

10 Likes

Grinding I Can Do It GIF

3 Likes

Who is the audience for this nonsense? Is it me? Since I’m talking about it.

4 Likes

Who told her that there will be an eclipse on Monday, and why does she believe them?

5 Likes

So I guess appearing on random pieces of toast was too subtle?

Stop mocking her.

6 Likes

My favorite response to her post.

“Hey Marjorie God sent a deadly plague during the Trump administration, care to comment?”

8 Likes

@ Empty Greene:

Imgur

4 Likes

Referring, of course, to COVID-19 and not the plague that Marjorie herself is.

4 Likes

I convinced everyone in our group to think impure thoughts and not repent until after the eclipse so God wouldn’t change his mind about punishing us with the most awesome and inspirational thing we could ever witness as a group.

9 Likes