Marjorie Taylor Greene says if she and Bannon were in charge of Capitol attack, "We would have won"

I can’t recall, is she one of the Qnuts who also claimed that Antifa and BLM were the ones behind the attack?

21 Likes

She didn’t beg for a pardon for nothing.

16 Likes

Oh, you and your insistence on historical fact and narrative consistency…

22 Likes

So Marge is saying it was sarcasm and is upset the White House condemned her. She even put out an official statement on her official stationary to somehow make it more important.

White House spokesman Andrew Bates said it “goes against our fundamental values as a country for a Member of Congress to wish that the carnage of January 6th had been even worse, and to boast that she would have succeeded in an armed insurrection against the United States government. This violent rhetoric is a slap in the face to the Capitol Police, the DC Metropolitan Police, the National Guard, and the families who lost loved ones as a result of the attack on the Capitol. All leaders have a responsibility to condemn these dangerous, abhorrent remarks and stand up for our Constitution and the rule of law.”

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1602362817084022785

11 Likes

Just yoking! She said in front of a bunch of Nazis.

Best Hitlers Speeches GIFs | Gfycat

10 Likes

Right-wingers are so bad at the basic concepts underlying humor that even people who once built entire careers on telling jokes (like Gallagher or Chapelle) automatically devolve into unfunny performative outrage machines as soon as their politics take a right turn.

18 Likes

While she’s not exactly yelling ‘FIRE!’ in a crowded theater, she is saying she plans to burn it down, given half a chance.

Hanging out amongst her fellow arsonists… won’t shed a tear to see her hang with them all, either.

13 Likes

I’ve been waiting for her to get discarded into exile for years, only she manages to get re-elected anyways…

8 Likes

What’s funny is she also said this at the same event…

“I come to Washington, I swear in on January 3, I get accused of giving insurrection tours which I thought was hilarious because I couldn’t even find the bathroom in the Capitol. True story,”

If that’s true why did she ask for a pardon?

15 Likes

What are you talking about? She was being sarcastic when she said that, anybody could tell that even though it was perfectly in line with all the other things she says. Sheesh, you really need to learn how sarcasm works.

4 Likes

21 Likes

Right? I can understand that the eventual response of the National Guard was due to confusion about what was really going on, but calls from the capitol that they were taking small arms fire would have triggered someone at a far lower level in the command structure to send attack helicopters to turn the insurrectionists into a fine red mist.

12 Likes

“We would have won…” means…? No more Pelosi or Mike Pence? Dangerous words.

3 Likes

This just raises the question, yet again, how the fuck is she allowed to remain in congress? She’s talking about armed insurrection. That’s fundamentally - and pretty obviously - disqualifying.

Stop the vote certification, Trump declares martial law* - because there’s a bunch of armed people rioting in the capital and stopping the vote! - and remain in office… all the details of staying in power beyond that get worked out after democracy gets broken.

*This was his plan, and never mind that it fundamentally doesn’t make sense - using the riot he created as a justification for martial law - but it might have actually worked regardless. What was Congress going to do - impeach him? Trump had already learned at that point that simply declaring something an emergency gave him extra powers - even though the emergency didn’t exist - and the law didn’t have provisions for the president making such declarations without basis.

Yeah, that’s kind of weird - she was involved, and people were armed…

Republicans know that it doesn’t matter how unpopular they are with the majority of the people, if they can stop enough people from being able to vote (or have their votes counted). If they can get into power, in any way, they can do real damage to democracy, and that works in their favor, long-term.

15 Likes

Obvious posting: what do you mean “if they were”?

4 Likes

The rules for expulsion from the House of Representatives require two-thirds of the House to vote for expulsion. This would be almost impossible to get with the current state of the GOP.

12 Likes

When someone tells you what they are, believe them the first time.
-Maya Angelou

6 Likes

Didn’t trump say he was going to make it easier to fire government employees? /s

8 Likes

What she thinks is sarcasm is not.
What you perceive as sarcasm is not.
Pretending it was sarcasm is the sort of thing I’d expect from her useful idiots.

3 Likes

And hanged Mike Pence in front of the Capitol.

6 Likes