Marjorie Taylor Greene schools MAGA folk on how you catch monkeypox: "gay sex orgies"

An interesting band name for sure. Not as good though as Kitchens of Distinction.

4 Likes

I have round scars on the left forearm to show that I had preventive measures taken in the '70s. I still rememeber the second shot I got at 6, because was totally painful.
The risk I see is that non-gay people are less inclined to get an painful procedure if they read that is a gay-only problem, when it’s not.

I remember in the '90s a PSA where HIV was trasferred berween male and female cheaters to make clear that wasn’t a gay-only stuff.

I cannot understand how your reply in any way relates to what I said or MTG’s district. Are you claiming that there’s enough gay people there who will now be motivated and have the numbers to vote her out of office in November but weren’t so motivated in 2020?

Are you claiming that because they aren’t the majority they aren’t voters in her district?

8 Likes

Knowledge orgy? Oh wait, that’s called education. She wouldn’t know anything about that.

2 Likes

2 Likes

She really should leave the gay sex orgies alone, like we should leave her sex life alone.

Just because gays got the monkeypox first in the western world doesn’t mean people like her won’t get it some day.

I’m not entirely sure the gay community did get it first. I think they were just the first to go to their doctors and push for a real diagnosis. They are, on a community level, probably very cognizant of the risks of disease. The trauma from the HIV epidemic and how they were treated as a result is probably still very high. I fear there is a lot more monkeypox moving around than the health authorities realize because too many of them, and the public, dismiss it as a disease only effecting LGBTQ+ individuals. So cis people who with symptoms aren’t advocating to get themselves tested and our legitimately exhausted health care professionals aren’t pushing either. IIRC, there isn’t a simple path to get testing done.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.