Marjorie Taylor Greene scolds the FBI for listing symbols hijacked by violent extremists

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene scolds the FBI for listing symbols hijacked by violent extremists | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Saoirse Ronan Bingo GIF by A24

49 Likes

“What’s next” she exclaimed, “brown shirts?”

25 Likes

She said, asymptotically, approaching but never reaching the point.

20 Likes

How long before the FBI adds the red elephant to that list of symbols?

14 Likes

Would that those who fly the Gadsden flag would be as concerned about themselves treading on others.

19 Likes

Some friends of mine refuse to let the Gadsen flag be co-opted by right wingers, so they fly is along with an US flag, a pride flag and love / welcome yard signs. Every item they put up seems to get matched by the trumper across the street.

5 Likes

Given Ronna McDaniel’s involvement in Jan.6, it should already be there.

7 Likes

“Like the Gadsden flag” she says, looking at the list. “That’s a common flag. I actually have it outside my congressional office.”
FBI - “We rest our case.”

12 Likes
8 Likes

Well of course she did.

2 Likes

Including the pride flag?

9 Likes

My personal favorite variation.

19 Likes

Maybe there’s some anti-pride flag in the Trump world, a shame flag?

3 Likes

That would be all of their flags.

10 Likes

There’s various hetero-pride flags doing the rounds, marketed to the same type of people who are upset that there is no federally-recognized white history month. Basically equivalent to anti-pride

7 Likes

I need this one:

I saw it once at the anime convention we go to each year, and when I went back to get it the next day, it had sold out…

8 Likes

I went looking for this list and found out it isn’t public. If it exists. Project veritas says it got the docs from a “whistleblower” at the FBI. Given Project Veritas’ track record, it is possibly not even real

The least odious link I could find:

Edit: whoops.wrong link

6 Likes

Nope. He’s not that clever. Just generic maga crap - quantity not quality.

The ironic part is the trumper is a hispanic male, forced to quit his job due to an injury and now living off disability benefits. The republicans are really looking after his interests.

5 Likes

I love the idea and history of the Gadsden Flag, but like the Swastika that was frequently used by ancient Navajo, Hindu and Buddhist cultures, a symbol can be defiled too much to reclaim.

MTG proudly flying one outside her office is only barely less surprising than her berating the FBI about worrying about right wing violence.

4 Likes