Marjorie Taylor Greene spent $65k of campaign funds on a fence for her home

She has since relocated to Rome…

Is it? Politics aside - I grew up there (and there is much more to do there now than there used to be) and my sister lives in Milton, so I’ve spent a little time there as well. To me, Milton is pretty much one of those boring suburban towns that has little outside of character dictated by corporate culture… For all it’s faults, Rome has always had some interesting things to recommend it. For a while I lived downtown, and I always enjoyed being able to walk around there. Schroeder’s always attracted all the off-beat countercultural types, so there was that… We had a real problem with white supremacists, but that’s a general problem everywhere.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I can’t say that we do up in the Seattle area. Maybe I just don’t frequent their lairs.

I promise that you do. The PNW has historically had problems with white supremacists (look at Portland in the 80s, for example) and it’s true up and down the west coast (look up Tom Metzger and WAR). You might not see it much, but it’s there. It’s a national problem, and we should treat it as such, and not believe “it can’t happen in my community”… I love in suburban ATL, which is highly diverse and I do see Trump flags or car stickers now and again.

4 Likes

I only visited Rome once, so I didn’t get to explore much. I will give you that it is much more interesting than Milton, which is mostly cookie cutter McMansions and strip malls. Although heading towards Milton, there’s a lot more restaurants and stores popping up catering to the Indian community (like driving from John’s Creek to Milton, up that way) which is a nice change from the usual stuff.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.