Marjorie Taylor Greene's plan for breaking U.S. into two countries includes rules about sex toy displays at Walmart

Condom packaging was always marked “For prevention of disease only” so people didn’t start musing about off-label uses.

4 Likes

She’s just afraid of being replaced.

6 Likes
4 Likes

… it’s not a real quote anyway

His other famous one, “everything in the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state,” seems to be legit though

7 Likes

When folks start talking about civil war as a good thing I show them pictures of Damascus in Syria. Then I tell them that’s what Chicago would be like.

8 Likes

“Of course interstate trade, travel, and state relations would continue.”

I’m sure some people were still saying that well into Civil War One.

4 Likes

MR. BLACKITT: I could, if I wanted, have sexual intercourse with you,…
MRS. BLACKITT: Oh, yes, Harry
MR. BLACKITT: …and, by wearing a rubber sheath over my old feller, I could insure… that, when I came off, you would not be impregnated
MRS. BLACKITT: Ooh!
MR. BLACKITT: That’s what being a Protestant’s all about. That’s why it’s the church for me. That’s why it’s the church for anyone who respects the individual and the individual’s right to decide for him or herself. When Martin Luther nailed his protest up to the church door in fifteen- seventeen, he may not have realised the full significance of what he was doing, but four hundred years later, thanks to him, my dear, I can wear whatever I want on my John Thomas,… [sniff] …and, Protestantism doesn’t stop at the simple condom! Oh, no! I can wear French Ticklers if I want
MRS. BLACKITT: You what?
MR. BLACKITT: French Ticklers. Black Mambos. Crocodile Ribs. Sheaths that are designed not only to protect, but also to enhance the stimulation of sexual congress
MRS. BLACKITT: Have you got one?
MR. BLACKITT: Have I got one? Uh, well, no, but I can go down the road any time I want and walk into Harry’s and hold my head up high and say in a loud, steady voice, ‘Harry, I want you to sell me a condom. In fact, today, I think I’ll have a French Tickler, for I am a Protestant.’
MRS. BLACKITT: Well, why don’t you?
MR. BLACKITT: But they-- Well, they cannot, 'cause their church never made the great leap out of the Middle Ages and the domination of alien episcopal supremacy

8 Likes

“Of course interstate trade, travel, and state relations would continue.”

No, No it wouldn’t Congresswoman Greene.

Nevermind wondering if she’s really from Georgia; I’m beginning to wonder if she’s even from this planet.

11 Likes

“… everything will be the same, except for the things that will be different, which I will not enumerate”

11 Likes

But… she knows states have laws of their own right? If she wants to regulate how stores place merchandise on shelves, states can do that. No civil war required. Heck, a county or city could do that too, if they wanted.

9 Likes

I did wonder about that.

OTOH, in our little Brexit secession debate in the UK, a salient feature was/is always a list of stuff “we would be able to do if we left” which always, always is a list of stuff we could already do if we wanted to and could muster the effort to do it.

“It’s not things like basic sanity or practicality that prevents us, it’s those people.”

So maybe it actually works as a tactic…

15 Likes

We already have places ideal for exiling traitors. Such as the more radioactive parts of the Marshall Islands and remote parts of the Aleutians.

5 Likes

Don’t. Most of that crowd hates northern cities. Cities in general come to think of it. They’re practically Khymer Rouge.

5 Likes

And they get happy, thinking about how they can do that to the libruls and want it even more.

For these fuckers that level of violence is a feature, not a bug. They WANT to be able to hurt others that way. They think it’s glorious and god-ordained to be able to kill as many of us evil libruls as they can…

Yes. She just wants war.

12 Likes

Since I’m usually talking to people who live in Chicago and really don’t want the city destroyed, most of them have gone “ohh, that looks bad!” If people want to destroy something, showing them pictures probably wont change their minds, but if I can get a few folks to rethink what a modern civil war would do, then I’m going to try.

2 Likes

Of course. I’m just noting that for many of these right wing assholes, that kind of violent destruction is indeed their goal. Especially Christian nationalists like MTG associate with god’s righteous plan for cleansing the nation of those of us they hate. :woman_shrugging: The more people you can convince that a core in the GOP wants this level of destruction and to turn away from them is great. But until that entire wing is purged from the GOP, then there is an actual danger of greater waves of right wing violence.

7 Likes

So the self-styled Party of Small Government will be dictating the layout of private shops?

4 Likes

Yes, because the whole “small government” line was always BS… they are keen to use the power of the state to oppress others.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.