Marjorie Taylor Greene and The Black Market of Baby Organ Harvesting

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/13/marjorie-taylor-greene-and-the-black-market-of-baby-organ-harvesting.html

12 Likes

it might be related to unfounded accusations that organizations such as Planned Parenthood traffic fetal tissue for profit.

Very likely. EmptyG will jump at any chance to push yet another variation on the Blood Libel. The space lasers are only a sideline to the Rothschilds’ core business.

27 Likes

It looks like a promo ad for a Lifetime movie.

17 Likes

Reads like a Weekly World News header. Wow.

Create your own here: Tabloid Headline Generator

MEOW! FUR FLIES BETWEEN LONELY LITTLE CROONER AND ROCK STAR
GUNSLINGER SAYS HE WAS WOUNDED DOG’S PRISONER 8 YEARS
MUMMIFIED BODY BEAMS CORPSE INTO SKY – AND BRINGS IT BACK TO LIFE!
GOOD NEWS FOR VACATIONING COUPLE
BACHELOR BRINGS STUNT TO SCHOOL’S ‘SHOW & TELL’

It’s like it can read her brain.

9 Likes

It really does. “Local wendigo excited to discover potential new source for baby organs!”

12 Likes

Oops, I forgot to add this.

29 Likes

Not surprised to see Chris Smith involved. I think he’s been banging this particular drum for a while. (*)

My partner, who is an activist/advocate who has worked on human trafficking (**) said that deliberations at the UN sessions she attended were always derailed by someone insisting that resolutions on trafficking in persons should be amended to include the phrase “trafficking in persons and parts of persons”.

I think that organ trafficking is not an entirely non-existent issue, but the “baby organ harvesting” thing sounds like MTG is spinning an urban legend into a moral panic again. She probably believes the whole “harvesting kids for adrenochrome” story too (which was invented by Hunter S. Thompson as a joke, and is now a core QAnon belief).

(*) In fairness to Chris Smith, a former Democratic congressman who I spoke to said that while he and Smith didn’t agree on much, on the human rights issues that they did agree on, Smith was a hard worker and a solid ally.

(**) My partner’s take on trafficking in persons is rooted in harm reduction and grassroots efforts to provide services to victims; she spent a lot of time trying to counter the efforts of rival activists who wanted to use a human trafficking moral panic to support their abolition-of-prostitution platform, or to find ways to force governments to pour more and more money into the police.

19 Likes

“Marjorie Taylor Greene and The Black Market of Baby Organ Harvesting” wasn’t one of the better Marjorie Taylor Greene Mysteries.

20 Likes

Are these baby organs similar to baby grand pianos?

22 Likes

Where do you see Chris Smith’s involvement in this? The only mention of him I see is the above link to a Newsweek article about sanctioning China for organ harvesting. I don’t like Chris Smith (he’s my Representative, unfortunately), but he’s not a MAGA hat wearing, Q-Anon spouting Republican. He’s more of your garden variety, old school Reagan Republican who actually has had Human Rights as his major focus for most of his tenure. And not made up human rights issues like black market baby organs.

4 Likes

What? Really?

5 Likes

Sorry, yes, the mention of Chris Smith was based on the Newsweek article that @tcg550 posted. I didn’t read closely, and assumed that Chris Smith had launched the anti-organ-harvesting initiative – which would be on-brand for him – and that MTG had then parlayed this into a murdered-baby panic – which would be on-brand for her. But in fact I now see that MTG voted against Smith’s rooted-in-reality bill, and is now pushing her own QAnon-adjacent urban-legend-based attention grabber. Which is even more on-brand for her.

Apologies for confusing things.

9 Likes

I keep waiting for Congressional hearings on witchcraft and human sacrifice.

4 Likes

Yes indeed. In “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas”, Thompson talks about his attorney giving him adrenochrome, and claims that the only source for adrenochrome is “… [the] adrenaline glands from a living human body … It’s no good if you get it out of a corpse.” His attorney says that the adrenochrome came from a client who also offered him a human pineal gland. Later, there’s a scene where Thompson and his attorney tell someone else a story about someone murdering a girl in public to steal her pineal gland, and the suggestion is that the client and the murderer are the same. But the second story is very clearly made-up – it comes in a scene where Thompson and Acosta are freaking the squares by telling them far-fetched horror stories. And even the parts of “Fear and Loathing” that Thompson presents as nominally true have to be understood as heavily exaggerated. He deliberately makes himself an unreliable narrator, and you’re not supposed to take anything he says seriously.

So the idea that there are people running around the US murdering children for adrenochrome is just Thompson being outrageous and the reader is meant to understand that it’s not real.

But QAnon seem to have absorbed the legend and incorporated it into their own mythology. It seems to have entered the QAnon canon in a form very much like the story that Thompson tells in “Fear and Loathing” (so much so that it’s clear that that must be the source), and has since been mashed up with a classic blood libel story to assume a starring role in the QAnon belief system.

19 Likes

she looks like she is about to try and sell you on some sort of twisted new MLM scheme.

3 Likes

So far, every accusation is a projection… this should be interesting.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

7 Likes

15 Likes

As usual with Republicans, there’s only one organ involved: the right-wing Mighty Wurlitzer.

8 Likes

Another pop culture reference to pineal gland and cannibalism was the movie From Beyond, based on the Lovecraft story of the same name. About scientists who stimulate their pineal glands and realize the joys of eating brains. I don’t recall if adrenochrome is name checked or not.

3 Likes

Black Market Baby? Haven’t thought about them in years. Thanks Margie!

7 Likes