Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook's horrible year was pretty good, actually

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/28/mark-zuckerberg-thinks-faceboo.html

1 Like

Christ, what a whole ass.

12 Likes

This is a message for the shareholders, not anyone else. It’s so cynical even I’m put off, and that’s no easy task.

4 Likes

I deeply hope 2019 is the year Facebook gets broken up into evil-but-more-manageable chunks.

5 Likes

download

10 Likes

Know what the difference is between a political campaign and misinformation? Yeah, me neither.

1 Like

While totally true, one can always

#deletefacebook

5 Likes

If anyone is looking for an easy New Year’s resolution, deleting Facebook is a good one.

7 Likes

It takes 30 days before it is gone.
Most resolutions are broken before then, right?

Not sure if /s.

4 Likes

tumblr_mpb2mkw54c1r4zr8xo5_250

5 Likes

True. He really has no choice but to say this sort of crap, which basically makes him a robot. I’m not gonna go so far as to say he’s an “AI”, 'cause he’d only qualify for the “A” part of that term, so I’ll settle on “robot”. He’s self-back-patting robot.

2 Likes

This is possibly the most cynical shit ever, protecting users’ data is impossible when you’re selling it to everyone who wants it and that is in fact the foundation of the whole thing. This can never be fixed.

Fucking hell.

6 Likes

Yeah, but they can make certain that only people who have paid for your info can access it :wink:

3 Likes

Well, they could…

1 Like

I do not disagree, but this sort of shareholder whispering is pretty standard.

Every CEO I have worked under have said stuff just as baldly false. “We are doing great, everything is fine!” Every time, even as things are tanking.

3 Likes

Exactly, I have no idea why anyone assumes any shred of honesty when it comes from a guy whose words control the company’s stock price.

If the CEO at an 80-person company I worked for could smile and tell everyone how awesomely the company is doing and how bright its future is at our office Christmas party, the day before canning half of the staff, the head of a jillion-dollar mega-corp isn’t exactly going to be more honest.

2 Likes

Facebooklets, as it were.

I just hope 2019 is free from mouths-for-eyes.

1 Like

Well, you just had to go and ruin it, didn’t you. Mouths for eyes for ALL now.

3 Likes

Oh, has Cthulhu come early this year?

3 Likes