Mark Zuckerberg meets Donald Trump at White House

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/19/mark-zuckerberg-met-with-presi.html

1 Like

“Thank you for helping my buddy Vladimir help me get elected, Mark. I look forward to you doing the same next year.”

23 Likes

Ewww. (+necessary minimum characters)

7 Likes

Is that the right photo? All I see is two reptiles shaking claws.

12 Likes

Those are fungi, not reptiles.

Reptiles have backbones.

14 Likes

16 Likes

“Could you show me the residence… just in case I ever move in?”

2 Likes

6 Likes

Shouldn’t that be
ZUCK
EVIL

all 4 letters (chef’s kiss)
also correct order: Evil gets to be B’b’biden to Zuck’s Brobama

5 Likes

Take your pick.

Fun fact: last May, Zuckerberg celebrated his 35th birthday and now he is old enough to run for either office.

5 Likes

Zuckerberg had a constructive meeting with the president at the White House

That’s not what I want to hear, given that “constructive” for Trump means he’s getting to have his way in getting more Russian-funded propaganda on there. I can’t even imagine how petty and ridiculous Trump’s demands were, given that his Twitter meeting entirely involved complaining about losing followers during a bot-purge.

7 Likes

Did he call him “Mark not Twitter”?

5 Likes

“Dan Scavino, the president’s anti-social media director…”

FIFY

3 Likes

My knowledge of the US constitution is limited. Do you have to be an Earthling as well?

6 Likes

So everyone is just skating by the part where the right wing, pro big business GOP Senator is proposing to break up Facebook’s developing social media monopoly? I’m seriously confused about how to feel about that. It sounds like a good idea, but I don’t trust anything Josh Hawley says or does.

3 Likes

You’re right not to trust Hawley, since he’s positioning himself to be a political bridge to the alt-right (he has a lot in common with Ben Shapiro or Dennis Prager). Hawley is playing to the mouth-breathing base here on the proposition that social media supposedly censors conservative (translation: racist and misogynist) voices.

The right-wing form of populism allows for what sounds like anti-capitalist rhetoric, too, but it’s really about replacing old “cosmopolitan elites” (Hawley actually used this term) with themselves.

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve lived in Missouri since 2008 (moving to New Jersey now), so I know all about Hawley, which is why I was confused. I forgot about the “Facebook is censoring conservatives” thing. Now I get it. Thanks.

4 Likes

No worries - he can afford to buy all the birth certificates he needs.
Not that most of the birthers would kick up a fuss anyway, what with him having the right sort of pigmentation.

2 Likes

Two degenerate criminals shaking hands, as if we needed more proof…

3 Likes
3 Likes