Donald Trump had undisclosed dinner with Mark Zuckerberg and Peter Thiel at White House, Facebook confirms

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/21/donald-trump-had-undisclosed-d.html

3 Likes

Heh.

58%20PM

Facebook makes everything worse.

This post also reminded me that I don’t seem to hear much about Melania lately. But Christmas is coming… I’m hoping for trees dressed in prison orange this year.

19 Likes

That statement from FB might be spilling a little bit of tea here. It sure could be interpreted that it is “normal” for Zuckerberg to have unannounced, closed-door meetings with Donald Trump.

7 Likes

4 Likes

But it would be right there in the publicly accessible WH guest logs. /s

8 Likes

“As is normal” and “Peter Thiel” are not things that go together

10 Likes

Part of me just wants to see Zuckerberg turn into the skid and go full Lex Luther supervillain. Probably wouldn’t hurt the company all that badly if user numbers are not decreasing already.

6 Likes

“As is normal” for Mark Zuckerberg, though…

2 Likes

Yeah, like it’s totally normal for a CEO of a company to accept an invitation to have dinner with the goddamned President of the United States. But it is also normal for the occasion to be marked with a photo op. The secret part is the part we’re all worried about.

13 Likes

tumblr_65cb43e911881287153532b798743cbc_488789e0_540

12 Likes

That and that Peter “capitalism and democracy are incompatible” Thiel was there, too.

10 Likes

trump thiel zuckerberg

13 Likes

My money’s on Thiel. Soon he’ll summon all his least favourite journalists to a press conference where he’ll rise up from behind the podium and incinerate them all with his new supersuit.

1 Like

Well, it’s Trump, so “normal” doesn’t come into it. (Things that might have been normal to do with previous presidents really aren’t, now.) Also, the whole secret bit. So one might say that it’s “normal” in the sense of usual for Zuckerberg to have secret meetings with Trump, but that’s just even more damning…

3 Likes

I mean, to be fair, Thiel might be right about that.

5 Likes

Tech in the Time of Fascism

5 Likes

When Lex Luthor won the presidency in the comics he willingly divested himself from his private business interests before assuming the office. So A Lex Luthor presidency would actually be a refreshing change of pace from the one we have now.

5 Likes

Zuck really needs to remember to turn off the location tracking on his Facebook.

3 Likes

Even Kevin Spacey as Frank Underwood with more Kevin Spacey would be better.

2 Likes

I seriously couldn’t bring myself to watch that show after 2016. Not because of Spacey’s monstrous behavior (which wasn’t widely known yet) but because I kept finding myself pining to live in an alternate universe where even hopelessly corrupt American Presidents were competent and pushed back against the evil Russian President once in a while.

6 Likes