Markie Post, 'Night Court' actress dies at the age of 70

Originally published at: Markie Post, 'Night Court' actress dies at the age of 70 | Boing Boing

4 Likes

RIP

22 Likes

Unfortunate. 70 sounds old but still feels too early.

I was hoping to see her do a cameo in the new Night Court series.

17 Likes

She really combined comedic chops with good looks and brought them to a wide variety of roles. Definitely too young. F*ck cancer.

12 Likes

FUCK CANCER! indeed. I loved Night Court when I was a kid.

11 Likes

I’m old enough that I thought “70? That’s too young”.
Bugger, I’m old.

10 Likes

Fare thee well, Ms. Post.
Thank you for sharing your gifts with us.

Obligs:

15 Likes

During the first half of the pandemic, I ran out of stuff to watch and started re-watching old fav shows from the 80’s, including Night Court - so I’ve recently seen the first ep where Markie Post joined the cast.

Also:

“We ate the Necco wafers.”

14 Likes

Conversation at our house:

ME: Wow. Markie Post is dead. She was 70. I can’t believe she was that old. She seemed so young on Night Court.

WIFE: Well, Night Court was in the 1980s. So something like 35-40 years ago now.

ME: That can’t be possible.

WIFE: What?

ME: The 1980s could not have been that long ago. I think you’ll find history proves me right on this.

WIFE: Okay, sure. :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

RIP, Markie! Night Court was one of my all-time favorites growing up. I just recently rewatched the episode of 30 Rock where Kenneth tries to make the “right” Night Court season finale where she and Harry get married :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
And

10 Likes

I’m with you. The 1980’s can’t have been that long ago.

3 Likes

I’ll miss Markie but how did Brent Sprinner go from this role to Data?
I assume it involves serious acting skills.

2 Likes

Night Court was another one of those 80s sitcoms that turned out to be a holodeck simulation.

Also:

13 Likes

1989 was 32 years ago.

sorry taylor swift GIF

Also from here

15 Likes

The swimming baby on the album cover will be a middle-aged man soon.

7 Likes

He’s only 30; stop rushing it.

11 Likes

He’s thinking of Weird Al.

5 Likes

Need to keep updating the dollar on the fishing hook to meet with inflation :wink: so it would be, what 75 cents now?

5 Likes

Arguably the two most famous Markies died within a month of each other, Post and Biz

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.