Markovbot creates eerily plausible Drumpf speeches

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Good job, Frostworks! Much more efficient than my method of transcribing backwards metal tracks.

Drumpf’ing the Christie, as it was called in the old country.

5 Likes

A Markov chain generator seems like overkill. Random selections from a short list of words or phrases would probably simulate Drumpf speeches even better, given his incredibly limited vocabulary and content-less utterances.

1 Like

But I don’t think he repeats himself too much, so a Markov chain seems fine. Now that random repeat a limited vocabulary might work for the Rubio bot.

2 Likes

I dunno, I think just "loser, “dumb,” “moron,” “huge,” “great,” “classy,” and “tremendous” would cover about half of his actual word-count…

4 Likes

Maybe next they can create one that generates Bernard Gutman speeches, or William Blythe speeches, even. Names which were changed post-17th-century.

1 Like

They seem to almost but not quite make sense, like the mad speeches of a dream-Trump.

1 Like

If a bot convinces an audience that it is Drumpf, does that mean that it passes the Turing Test, or that Drumpf fails?

2 Likes

Electing Trump to run America line a business, eh?

So he’ll fire anybody he thinks isn’t contributing to profits, and then declare bankruptcy after maxing out his stock value?

3 Likes

On the plus side, he can outsource Congress. Maybe the new one will do something productive once in a while.

low hanging fruit, I know

1 Like

Well, considering the GOP debates have devolved into discussing the candidate’s twig and berries, I’d say low hanging fruit is fair game.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.