Mars rover photographed a book on the surface of the Red Planet!

Originally published at: Mars rover photographed a book on the surface of the Red Planet! | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Soon…

14 Likes

9 Likes

Is it the Corpus Hermeticum?

4 Likes

Frankly, surprised headline doesn’t read:

“Book photographed on the surface of the Red Planet…wasn’t that.”

9 Likes

We have to pretend this is a book? The discovery that Martians have sliced bread isn’t exciting enough?

17 Likes

Good grief! I hope it’s not a bible.

6 Likes

Not our bible, no.

A Martian arrived on Earth, and humanity had many questions for him, so the U.N. arranged a conference. All the world leaders, public intellectuals, and religious heads were in attendance to ask their most burning questions.

When it was the Pope’s turn, he asked, “I was wondering…have you ever heard of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ?” the Pope asked.

“Of course!” said the Martian. “He stops by our planet every couple of years and we all have a big party.”

The Pope looked baffled and said, “Surely you are mistaken. Jesus Christ was here around two thousand years ago, but He left and we have been waiting for His return ever since. Why would He visit you so often?”

The Martian replied, “Well, maybe he didn’t like the party. When Jesus first showed up on our planet we threw a huge party. Music, dancing, food; it was great! What did you guys do?”

19 Likes

Mars rover photographed a book on the surface of the Red Planet!

Oh yeah, I read that planet. It was a good read!

5 Likes

Cheap discarded spaceport novel I just couldn’t finish. Sorry.

4 Likes

had to look that one up, but having read the wikipedia page I must say: solid pull.

3 Likes

7 Likes

212zo9

8 Likes

Wait. There’s still more space dust on here.
jzpcnRPGmtoW9GJ9PKGQr5Ge3eA=

7 Likes

the extraterrestrials have excellent vision or are, themselves, quite tiny.

5 Likes

… I don’t know that they’re any more common on Mars than on Earth—it’s just that on Mars there is nothing else to look at or talk about :thinking:

5 Likes

Sliced bread is the best thing since going to Mars!

5 Likes

If there’s one thing I’ve learned from Call of Cthulhu, it’s that if you come across a really, really, really old book, you should probably burn it unread. Well, maybe one peek wouldn’t hurt…

5 Likes

A Martian Ulysses.

4 Likes

It’s the tactical handbook The War Of The Worlds. The cookbooks have yet to be written.

5 Likes