Martin Shkreli owes IRS $1.6 million

it’s a drug to treat an infection that’s primarily dangerous for people whose immune systems are compromised.

Yes, that’s literally what I just said:

HIV is one reason toxoplasmosis could be more serious, but it’s not the only one. People can be immunocompromised for many reasons.

As it happens AIDS is a major cause of immunodeficiency in the US, but there are many others including organ transplantation as I previous mentioned, as well as other causes like cancer therapy. Johns Hopkins says:

Secondary infection: reactivation of latent infection in those immunosuppressed due to AIDS, cancer therapy, transplantation or iatrogenic therapies.

HIV itself is a virus and its nonsensical to call an anti-parasitic drug an “HIV drug”. It does absolutely nothing to treat HIV. It treats one possible symptom of AIDS.

2 Likes

Regardless to what drug it was, Martin Shkreli is still a sociopathic, opportunistic dick who needlessly decided to price gouge just so that he could further enrich himself; and the only reason he got any comeuppance behind it is because he also fucked over his investors.

He’s still a terrible excuse for a person… (and he still disrespected the Wu Tang Clan. )

Nitpicking deets won’t change that.

7 Likes

Shkreli is totally a Westworld character.

logan delos

3 Likes

He only wishes he looked as good while being bad as Ben Barnes does, (even with those creepy, uber-dark eyes of his.)

2 Likes

True story: I’ve never been much of a WTC fan. I mean, I don’t actively avoid them, and their music is fine, it’s just … not my thing?

But nearly 20 years ago (eep!) I was on a remote mountain top with a bunch of other guys for several months, with no real communication with the outside world. It was getting to the point where I was starting believe that “Who let the dogs out” was the only song in existence. Then one morning I wandered into the rec room just as someone slipped in the DVD for this …

In that place, at that time, it was … affecting.

Edit:
Huh. “The hook of the song: “Check out my gravel pit…” is sung by Paulissa Moorman.” Until literally a minute ago I always thought she was singing “Check out my gravity …”, which seemed to fit pretty well.

1 Like

“Wu Tang is the CD that I travel wit…”

Love that one.

1 Like

There is an xkcd for this.

Welcome, new community member.

1 Like

Yeah, but at this point there’s an xkcd for everything. It’s basically Rule 35.

4 Likes

Asset seizure? Confiscate this persons stuff, surely he has enough to pay his way in society and not be a dirty moocher.

How does IRS Pharma sound?

3 Likes

lmfao, hilarious stuff there.

Thank you thank you thank you Melz, I knew I’d find a place for this at some point in the future!

1 Like

IRS Records.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.