Marvel at Penn & Teller's unique take on ye olde donut-on-the-ribbon magic trick (video)

Originally published at: Marvel at Penn & Teller's unique take on ye olde donut-on-the-ribbon magic trick (video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I have to go to an industry conference in Vegas this August (yes, Vegas in August). I was very much looking forward to it until I remembered these guys have a show there.

Every time I see these guys I think back to my introduction to them in an article in Thrasher Magazine. Looks like it’s from 1989 placing me in 8th grade. This just reminded me to look it up. Have at the probably first ever mainstream story about them probably. (you’ll have to fish around for the next page of the story.)

https://www.thrashermagazine.com/imagesV2/Burnout/2013/Magazine/April_1989/8904P70-P71_800t.jpg

The first time I heard of these guys, I saw them on this spectacular skit on SNL in the 80s. Of course, it’s on youtube.

ETA: Incredible stamina doing this for 6 minutes without going red.

5 Likes

Spoiler: He ate the innertube.

I’ve been a fan of theirs for a very long time. I saw them in Vegas 9 years ago, and their show is one of the few reasons I would have to go back there.

1 Like

“What do they know about art!?”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.