Marvel to launch "Create Your Own Comic" app, but "social issues" and "alternative lifestyle advocacy" are banned

Social issues are banned and alt lifestyles are banned yet american chaves’s self insert mary sue comic where every man is evil or otherwise wrong and her sidekick is a girl named tumbler was OK?

Behh… When I was younger I would photocopy, cut up and paste together my own comics with new word balloons. A favorite technique was to photocopy panels with Betty and Veronica wearing bikinis and judiciously apply white-out and recopy the panels so they looked naked.

With computers these days my adolescent perversion creativity would be much more easily accomplished and professional looking. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And maybe, after growing up, he will find a comic book he made in his youth and want to share it with friends and family, put it on whatever the future equivalent of a blog is, etc.

The thing that bugs me most about copyright is that, ever since the Age of Disney started, people no longer own the stories of their youth.
The people who grew up on Grimm’s fairy tales had the right to make new variants of those stories once they were grown up. The people who grew up on Mickey Mouse, Marvel, or Star Wars do not have that right, and will never have it.

6 Likes

I’m not even into guys and I think Ryan Reynolds as deadpool workin’ a pole would be hot.

3 Likes

“I have the weirdest boner right now…”

2 Likes

Get your son some pencils.

You think he’s more of a green tea man?

3 Likes

Pretty sure no screenshots were involved in the creation of that tweet since the service isn’t live yet. That’s the work of a comics writer (the person tweeting) and an artist (the person mentioned) working together to have a laugh

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.