Mary Kate and Ashley Olson's singing "Gimme Pizza" as kids feels like a bad drug trip when the video is slowed down

My Hero :wink:

4 Likes

Years ago I would torment my kids by calling them “the triplets” to feign being out of touch: Mary, Kate and Ashley. But your photo might suggest I was right.

Now I am just out of touch for real.

5 Likes

I legitimately thought that they were three people for a while. Everything that they have done is practically completely off my radar. I’ve heard of a few titles, but seen none and scarcely read about them either.

2 Likes

I was wondering if Full House was going to be one of the sitcoms referenced in WandaVision but I guess the writers decided that would be one fourth-wall-break too many.

2 Likes

I hoped to instill a healthy bit of… I’m searching for a word or phrase… (skepticism, disregard, perspective, humanizing, de-celebration?) of celebrities in my kids. I mostly succeeded. I and they owe a lot to the triplets for being the touchstone for this.

2 Likes

Ha, nice to see this again. I used to connect with a couple of otherwise sullen teenagers over it. They simply could no longer stay sullen. :grin:

2 Likes

(no intent to disrespect by the use of the word “things”, just want to note that one of the sisters is very attractive, while the other two just creep me out).

That was amazing. I was already laughing, but when Pazuzu showed up I fucking lost it.

1 Like

I was there when it was written:

My goodness that was almost exactly 11 years ago. I remember it like it was 9.

3 Likes

I believe WolfgoreShow did it first.

2 Likes

Manfredas & Fantastic Twins - Pizza

This has also been reinterpreted into a fairly fantastic recent song by Fantastic Twins, who isn’t a twin, and isn’t any relation to the twins above.

3 Likes

Popkin, you need e, bad.

Thank you for acknowledging the existence of Parry Gripp. I’ve honestly been wondering if he was a collective hallucination between me and my kids.

2 Likes

Man, you’d love Chipmunks on 16 Speed

Some genius took the already bizarre Chipmunk Punk album and slowed it down 'till it sounds like a Stooges album. Pop surrealism eating its own tail, etc.
So good.

3 Likes

I have memories of that!
I especially love the horror movie music in the beginning.

1 Like
1 Like

The Olsons seem to be doing all right.

1 Like

Does Guy Fieri look strangely like Shia Le Beouf?

these dumb kids don’t know anything about making pizza

2 Likes

Parry Gripp is on regular rotation at my house. I could claim it was because I have two small kids, but I’ve been listening to him since before they were born, so … yeah. The best part is he has songs to go with most meals. (“Do you like pancakes?” “English muffin, doo doo dooo do,” etc)

2 Likes