Celebrities posed with their younger selves

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/14/celebrities-posed-with-their-y.html

6 Likes

Some of those are really good. Others are pretty obvious cut-outs. The Olsen Twins one I think is probably the worst, looks like the kids are just cut-out and pasted on top. The two Bruces looking at different things is distracting too. Looking through all of them the eyes really do seem to be the hardest part to get right. Still a cool project though despite some shortcomings.

2 Likes

The lighting is a bit off on the faces as well. Modern Bruce is brighter than old Bruce.

2 Likes

LEFT: Patrick Stewart circa 1979
RIGHT: Patrick Stewart circa 2018

30 Likes

“Et tu.”

5 Likes

How about 1976?

13 Likes

Surprisingly, none of these turned out creepy. Except the Olsen twins. They’re creepy all on their own.

8 Likes

And then:

1981:

What a difference a few years make… but yes he does seem to have essentially stopped aging somewhere between 1976 and 1981.

13 Likes

1979:
Untitled

Not a large part, but holding up against Obi Wan Alec Guinness without a single line of dialogue is no small feat.

10 Likes

tumblr_o22o5d4cWP1qbb705o1_500

25 Likes

I think the new Star Trek: Picard! will be a show all about Sir Patrick living in the wine region of France, growing grapes, making wine, maybe he has some goats and a bunch of hyper pigs or something. Most shows are like Primitive Technology: not a word is spoken and all information is conveyed through actions or, at most, sighs, smiles, a twinkle in the eye and so on. Gorgeous sunrise or sunset cinematography w long slow lingering pan shots of Sir P in muddy boots eating some brown bread, slicing some cheese and hyper ham, drinking wine from one of his own unlabelled bottles.

I personally really liked The Boss image. Madonna’s dual portrait made me think ‘is that her grandmother coming back to kill her and close the loop?’

4 Likes

When did he… stop aging?

2 Likes

The Henry Thomas one looks like young Henry is in for a double Wet Willie.

2 Likes

Ah, the Solos. Such a wonderful family, although that Mr. Solo was quite a rapscallion in his time. I wonder what happened to them after they moved out of the cul de sac?

10 Likes

(Try turning on the closed captions.)

2 Likes

Meanwhile I just learned Sam Jackson is 70. Here’s what he looks like in the upcoming Captain Marvel. (I know there’s at least some digital facelift action going on, but still).

6 Likes

i can’t think of many (of any) casual group photos i’ve been in where everyone is looking at the same place. at the camera? at the photographer? look over there – SQUIRREL!

2 Likes

Sam Jack don’t crack.

I would so watch the hell out of this.

2 Likes

'Cause he’s Black.

1 Like