Masked Nazis bang on cafe windows and shout slurs to disrupt drag story hour

Code for “I sneer at poor people.”

19 Likes

Ah. In my neck of the woods, some White people use it to mean “Them Blacks.” But it can also refer to White people who live in mobile homes, and sometimes it’s a generic “any people who we consider less than us.” Regional-use dialect can be confusing that way.

19 Likes

Coordinated wolves…

12 Likes

Either way, it’s BS and off-topic, too boot. It’s not the income of somerset, it’s the fucking nazis banging on windows and threatening drag queens and the children they are reading to…

21 Likes

This one brought their security blanket. Mental age confirmed.

Maybe line everyone up inside to return their Nazi salute with a middle finger salute? It would be a great picture.

17 Likes

I look forward to reading the headline “Drag queens bust up local nazi meeting.” That would be something.

15 Likes

“Nazis Attempting to Attend Drag Story Hour Deterred, Confused by Glass”

25 Likes

How much do you want to bet that during the pandemic these assholes were some of the people decrying masking as un-American? Fucking cowards.

Before the next drag show hour perhaps some volunteers could post themselves on the roof of the cafe with paintball guns (or water guns filled with ink, assuming it wouldn’t clog the mechanism) to mark up these assholes if they show up again. It would be along the lines of a bank robber getting marked by an exploding dye pack.

Or if you’re worried about the paintball wielders getting charged with assault, perhaps have some drone operators follow these assholes back to their vehicles and get the make, model, and license plate numbers. Hell, if they don’t notice the drones why not follow them back until they turn into their driveways? [Just have the drones stay above public property.]

9 Likes

doctor who GIF

16 Likes

I understand the privacy concerns but at some point we should actually show these drag story hours along side these posts about people terrorizing them. We need to show how stupid and baseless their fear mongering and lies are and also normalize that gender non conformity is not actually something dangerous to children. That includes actually showing it and I barely ever see people posting video of them.

As I said it probably rarely happens because of valid privacy concerns but also I just don’t think we can have most people take our word for what these events are like. The nazi’s are painting vivid pictures in peoples minds about what these events are like that prey upon their preconceived biases and articles like these don’t really do anything to counter them.

4 Likes

Every time I see that word, I have a flashback to a Key & Peele episode (S1, EP8) where they discuss an encounter with the cops. The video isn’t ea$ily viewed, but the relevant bit can be found in a transcript by searching for the word “broken.” I’m not surprised at the comments here that the cops are likely to bring similar energy to this case.

5 Likes

I’d argue that the people who truly believe that these are inappropriate for children are not going to be convinced by seeing the story hours in question. They find drag to be inappropriate, and want to eliminate it from public life, and re-impose laws that ban cross dressing.

They are bigoted against queer culture, across the board…

14 Likes

It means the kind of people everyone here shits on on a regular basis. Come by one of my family dinners sometime if you want a good example.

There’s a big difference between poor and trash- I’ve spent my whole life surrounded by both. Plenty of poor people out there who don’t think Trump was the kind of strong, successful leadership model this country needs. And while poverty does tend to foster that sort of thing, the two aren’t exclusive to one another.

4 Likes

How many of them ARE cops?

4 Likes

A non-zero number, for sure…

Seems like that’s all some people know how to do.

SMH

7 Likes

No, not really. Being poor does not equate to being a fascist. Saying that an entire poor community is nazis is not remotely what people here argue.

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Keep in mind that many of us grew up poor, in working class communities, and there are plenty of working class people posting here, too.

Then stop conflating them.

10 Likes

Good.

Hopefully these jagoffs will eventually get tired of the stunt when it doesn’t produce any results, or they’ll get violent, and then the cops WILL be involved.

Don’t be intimidated.

4 Likes

I don’t think the onus should be on any marginalized community to have to prove to the public that they aren’t the subhuman monsters the Nazis make them out to be.

16 Likes

Talking The Muppets GIF by ABC Network

Honestly, if nazis are “protesting” it, most people should understand who the bad guys are in any particular scenario… if they equivocate, then we should question their morals.

15 Likes

Funny, I consider this to already be violent.
A group of masked men, banging on the window screaming insults and threats is violent. And I’m a lot less confident than you that cops would do the right thing if the nazis were physically assaulting people

20 Likes