Masking in Pharmacies and Risk to the Immunocompromized

A relocated sea lion returned to it’s barking ground…

sea lion australia GIF

9 Likes

Petition for a Good Guy with an Orca?

10 Likes

People do go to pharmacies for other reasons than getting vaccinated.

But people do go to pharmacies. And pharmacies should be safe for everyone, including the people who work there. The people who are conscientious enough to order home delivery when they are sick are not the ones that we are worried about. The people who go straight to the pharmacy to pick up their Tamiflu without even thinking to wear a mask are the ones that we are worried about. And they should not be allowed to do that.

5 Likes

It’s taking a while to find those drive up or alternate vaccination sites that are not in pharmacies, could it be they are not as readily available as you’ve been telling us?

2 Likes

There are at least five drive thrus within 10 miles of where I reside in Northern Virginia. CVS has taken the lead with Walgreens coming in with one or two.

Then again I’m in a highly populated urban area.

1 Like

What’s with this insistence that everyone has access to a car?
What if there is a masked vax site within driving distance, but there’s a pharmacy site within walking distance, and to get to the masked site I need to take a cab or public transport, all full of unmasked people?

To echo another, it would be nice if some people, instead of insisting that everyone has access to these things, would recognize that not everyone has your same resources and abilities, believe people when they say these options aren’t as available as you insist, and

Totally off topic, but stellar hypothetical examples here :joy:

Sounds like prep for an interesting first-date and the aftermath…

10 Likes

I have several pharmacies in my semi rural area as well, and there are a few within the zip codes I shared.

I was expecting a list of at least one site for drive thru vaccinations or a site that required masks that that particular poster kept saying were everywhere and some of us just don’t know how to find them.

2 Likes

Look Here Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

All and every bit of this.

10 Likes

Simply because some people consider masking to protect others a violation of their free-dumbs. This is a fucking stupid argument and should be banned.

11 Likes

8 Likes

Pharmacies represent a perfect storm of people who have COVID symptoms, who may have COVID and be highly contagious, seeking testing and/or drugs to relieve symptoms; and people who are immunocompromised or otherwise at high risk of serious harm from COVID, seeking vaccination or meds for their other condition. Whether you think it’s wise for such people to interact there or not, they do.

It therefore makes common sense to treat pharmacies as a healthcare environment like hospitals and physician offices, which already require everyone to wear masks.

7 Likes