Massive Star Wars lands coming to Disneyland and Walt Disney World

Avatar is a really odd piece of entertainment. By most calculations it’s the biggest movie ever made (thanks partially to a lot of 3D showings), but it didn’t engrain itself into pop culture whatsoever. Besides Jake Sully (because they say his name a jillion times), I don’t remember a single character or memorable line from that movie.

But I think everyone can agree on two things: it was really pretty, and those flying dinosaur things were cool. So while I doubt many people are itching to see an Avatar Land, I think a really, really pretty chunk of Pandora that people can walk around in – with a ride where you fly on the back of those dinosaur things – will translate well to Animal Kingdom. Especially now that it’ll be open at night, so things will be all glowy and neat looking.

2 Likes

And right in front of that blue box!*

*Not a Disney property…yet.

3 Likes

There’s already been talking fish, and nobody brought up Mr. Limpet.

Yes, Star Tours is quite fun and since they mix it up a bit, you can re-ride it. I’m pretty happy with what Disney has done with Star Wars so far.

1 Like

I would like to know how Cory managed to see Star Wars in 1976.

I imagine even knitting communities develop unwell trolls, too.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.