Disney's super cheesy attempt to make the Galactic Starcruiser interesting

Originally published at: Disney's super cheesy attempt to make the Galactic Starcruiser interesting | Boing Boing

4 Likes

“Han and Leia, you just defeated the Galactic Empire, what are you going to do next?”

“We’re taking a Disney Galactic Starcruise!”

14 Likes

11 Likes

Hawking, not hocking.

4 Likes

Gesundheit!

6 Likes

When guests visit the Galactic Starcruiser for their stay it’s set in the same timeframe as the Galaxy’s Edge land, where an adult Kylo is running around. So if it’s supposed to be the exact same ship then canonically it’s decades old by the time guests arrive there, which is ancient by cruise ship standards. Who wants to pay top dollar for a stay in an obsolete, decades-old cruise ship?

9 Likes

The troops clip takes me back. I remember setting that up to download overnight in all it low-rez glory. Because that is how long it took back then.

9 Likes

OH yeah, me too. My friend and I scoured the internet for a good resolution copy and came up with a new to us format of Quicktime that produced good quality with out being a huge file size.

1 Like

So…@Papasan, do folks who spend a majority of their time working on the open sea really want to ride cruise ships for a vacation? :man_shrugging:

I always figured Star Trek was more realistic about vacations and shore leave. Everybody wants to get off that damned spaceship during shore leave.

7 Likes

Holy fudge sticks! Honestly I never met one person that sailed/mariner that likes “cruise ships”, ain’t no way a person that was imprisoned in a steel floating city 24/7 wants to party time there. No dude, just no.

7 Likes

I’d have guessed Leia would have preferred Princess Cruises.

7 Likes

joke GIF

8 Likes

Starting at $4800 for two nights this better be much better than I am imagining.

6 Likes

Better than a slave ship, aka “pleasure barge”. :man_shrugging:

princess leia episode 6 GIF by Star Wars

4 Likes

Looks comfy…

3 Likes

Jabba likely stinks to the high heavens…

gross vomit GIF

5 Likes

Yeah, he ain’t leather sofa material.

4 Likes

Disney has no clue what they are doing with Star Wars. The people who would most enjoy an immersive experience want A) an AUTHENTIC looking one; and B) one they can afford. This remains neither, and no amount of covering this pig in novel tie-ins is going to fix the flaws.

8 Likes

Their handling of the franchise has been hit and miss, with either near-perfect hits or complete duds and little in between. They should grab someone from the parks/Imagineering division to oversee the whole thing since they’re the only ones who get things right consistently.

4 Likes

I’d recommend this guy. He did good work as creative director for the Rise of The Resistance ride and he’s a lifelong Star Wars uberfan.

https://www.teausc.org/johnlarena

2 Likes