Match Head Bomb video: 6000 matches in a blender, shot at at 2500fps

[Read the post]

3 Likes

SO disappointed, was expecting strike-anywhere match heads being ignited by blending! This was just, meh…
(And the “at-at”? Where’s the ATAT?!? Ugh)

:smile:

9 Likes

Not so much a blender as just the container from a blender.
I still thought it was pretty neat.

4 Likes

“in a blender”???

Someone doesn’t know what a blender is.

1 Like

Same here!

Often the best kind of pyrotechnics.

10 Likes

In the spirit of grumbling about the video, there has to be a faster way to cut the heads off matches. You could probably flatten the boxes a bit and saw through them, as the matches are already lined up on the inside.

6 Likes

I’d go for that guillotine cutter used for cutting edges of photographs. Or even just scissors.

4 Likes

At what number of match-heads does it turn from ill-advised to illegal?

3 Likes

Six thousand one.

6 Likes

Forty-two.

2 Likes

Legal schmegal, the video is cool.

1 Like

Kurtz: We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig… cow after cow… village after village… army after army…

Epic matchhead video, vortex or not.

2 Likes

My neighbor had a set of nippers that were wide enough to decapitate an entire pack of paper matches at a time, so we could get 500 match heads in a matter of minutes.

4 Likes

I suspect literally blending them might have created conditions for a real explosion, esepcially since the match heads would have been ground into powder.

3 Likes

That’s funny, we were just talking about dust (and aerosol) explosions in another thread.

1 Like

9 Likes

Point me to it, please!?

1 Like

Cheap laser printer thread. :smile:

Thanks, found it with the ‘search’;
added my bit!
When I’ve used these in displays, I mix the cremora with screened dust from floor-refinishing after it’s been fully dessicated with silica gel.
5 gallons, all lifted with a scant 1/2 cup black powder.
At 100’ you’ll feel the heat.

4 Likes

YES!!!

(“Le whoosh, she ees beeger than I thought!”)

:smile:

3 Likes