Matt Damon's eerily good Kavanaugh SNL sketch

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/30/afflict-the-comfortable.html

8 Likes

For those who need a copy north of the American Internet Wall (of IP):

24 Likes

Are we not boycotting Matt Damon any longer?

5 Likes

I laughed.
Horrific in reality, but we all need a laugh, right?

13 Likes

I’m impressed that he never broke character.

Lindsey Graham should have torn his shirt off and yelled like the Hulk.

13 Likes

That’s okay. Over in the mirror universe of BreitBart, the n-minute hate has concluded that the SNL was always sour, and Matt Damon is on their boycott list.

I wonder what’s left for them to watch?

No SNL.
No Marvel movies.
No Star Wars movies.
No NFL.
No Doctor Who.
No MSM news.

9 Likes

They’ll be fine, they’ll just make their own NFL. With liquor, and blackjack…

8 Likes

Kudos to straight face extras. I doubt that I could have sat there without cracking up.

8 Likes

This question reminds me: a million years ago I worked at a Waldenbooks, and a kid came up to the register to buy the gaming dice we stocked. He said to the person who rang him up that he wasnt supposed to shop there because Waldens sold Playboy and Penthouse, and his church was against that and told them to never shop there. But he couldnt find the dice anyplace elso, so.

So while some people in a family may decide the family has sworn off all that stuff, the people who want it will find it.

3 Likes

…and presumably, no boingboing.

4 Likes

Heh. As if his church didn’t have a thing or two to say about gaming and dice! :sunglasses:

11 Likes

The best line was the one that stunned the audience into silence. Ostensibly, at first, about drinking he yells “I don’t know the meaning of the word stop!”
Brilliant writing. A total punch to the gut just when you were starting to get comfortable laughing.

28 Likes

SNL helped Trump get elected. That he gives them easy comedy material does not make it worth it. I would far rather SNL have stayed in the doldrums, and not have Trump as national CEO. It’s not worth it.

7 Likes

The whole skit was well-done but Kate McKinnon as Lindsey Graham was brilliant. She can be anyone.

11 Likes

You need somebody to tell you what to do?

1 Like

At least now I don’t have to go back and watch the actual hearings as that pretty much summed it all up.

9 Likes

The Lindsey Graham characterization was drop-dead hilarious!

5 Likes

4 Likes
3 Likes

They’ve never forgiven SNL for disrespecting Ford.

2 Likes