Matt Damon's eerily good Kavanaugh SNL sketch

26 Likes

As usual, I thought this was silly, exaggerated and over the top until I made some time to watch the source material in its entirety.

What is silly, exagerrated and over the top is reality.

17 Likes

tumblr_pfvh1c6I921rkybvd_540

16 Likes

Probably just with liquor and rape, given the organizing entities.

2 Likes

I apologize ahead of time for the off-topic post. But I felt this needed to be shared

Under the “I Can’t Even” Pile

the Trump administration in recent weeks has been awakening hundreds of kids in the middle of the night at homes and shelters across the country. Then, they are placed on buses and sent to a tent city in the desert in Texas, near the Mexican border

Best response

16 Likes

At this point reality has far outstripped the imagination of political satire as we know it.

8 Likes

Perfect!

Thirsty now…

3 Likes

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/cold-opening/n10108

I am definitely biased, but I liked the original more than the reboot.

2 Likes

Makes me want some 'skis with Squi.

3 Likes

I bet his church wasn’t too keen on reading non-Bible books as well. Two birds with one stone there.

2 Likes

Forget the fornication publications! THIS BOY WAS BUYING DICE!!! THEY ARE THE DEVIL’S CHUCKLEBONES!!! THEY LEAD ONLY TO GAMBLING… AND… role playing… THERE, I SAID IT, GOOD PEOPLE! role playing… THE VERY DOORMAT TO HADES ITSELF!!!

6 Likes

“Don’t worry, it’s only Purgatory!”

(That’s what the wizard who hired us said, just before a party member shot him in the back with a heavy crossbow. It didn’t kill him, but while he was tumbling down the slope, we legged it out of there.)

3 Likes

through-hell

3 Likes

Obvious punch line: Harvey Weinstein taught him well.

I like Matt Damon. His connection to Weinstein, and some of his recent tone-deaf comments are problematic, but I really don’t think he’s a bad person. If we get too puritanical then there will be nobody left on our side.

7 Likes

Yeah I couldn’t watch the original. Saw the SNL first, and then clips from the original and understood how good the SNL clip was…

1 Like

Just waiting for a newspaper to actually use SNL footage of Damon instead of photos of the real Kavanaugh, like some paper did with Baldwin instead of Trump a while b ack.

2 Likes

“It’s Satanic” :books: :game_die: :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Fiction is constrained by the unreasonable requirement that it make sense.

4 Likes

It’s too bad that Chris Farley isn’t around to take a shot at a Kavanaugh impersonation.

4 Likes

I grew up in the kind of church mentioned. We didn’t listen to rock music, play conventional cards, dance, drink, smoke, gamble, go to movies…bell-bottomed pants were questionable. We didn’t own a TV. But nobody ever condemned dice. Many board games required them, and I suspect my parents didn’t want to tip us off that dice could be used to gamble.

1 Like