Matt Damon's eerily good Kavanaugh SNL sketch

5 Likes

Yes, my parents would have panicked for sure. I only played D&D a couple of times, but I remember my mom mentioning it once. I was an adult by that time, and didn’t care, since I didn’t play it at that time, and never was a big fan. But, good info.

1 Like

Poker dice? I hardly know her.

He knows something about scorched earth.

As more people share their stories of sexual assault and harassment, Damon said, “I think the day of the confidentiality agreements is over. I think it’s just completely over. Ten years ago, you made a claim against me and I had a big movie coming out, OK? I have $100 million, or I have a movie that is personally important to me coming out, and close to the release of that film, you say, ‘Matt Damon grabbed my butt and stuck his tongue down my throat.’ We would then go to mediation and organize a settlement. I’d go, ‘I don’t want this out there. Peter’s going to go out and talk to the press and run his mouth, and it’s going to be overshadowing the opening of this movie. How much money do you want?’ The lawyers would get together, and they do this cost-benefit analysis, and they’d go, ‘Oh, this is what it’s worth.’ And I look at the number and go, ‘OK, I’ll pay it, but you can never talk about this again. You’re f–king lying about this, but never talk about this again.’” Because of social media, everything is different. “The moment a claim is made—if you make that same claim today to me—I would be scorched earth. I’d go, 'I don’t care if it costs $10 million to fight this in court with you for 10 years; you are not taking my name from me. You are not taking my name and my reputation from me. I’ve worked too hard for it. And I earned it. You can’t just blow me up like that.’ Once a claim is made, there will no longer be settlements. That’s my prediction, just based on what I’ve seen.”

The 1980s were the age of panics… satanic, dice, punk…

Sadly he too loved recreational chemicals a bit too much.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.