Matthew McConaughey reacts to 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' trailer

[Permalink]

2 Likes

So “Matthew McConaughey reacts to” is the new “Hitler gets bad news”.

1 Like

2 Likes

it’s true. this is me every time so far.

4 Likes

sometimes people say “this wins the internet today”. but this does win the internet today.

Yeah, that was my reaction, beat for beat.

1 Like

This was me watching on my phone at work. This was my wife and I when I showed it to her after work.

1 Like

I’ll take an original movie over a recycled ninth sequel childhood fetish space walmart franchise any day.

3 Likes

Yep, it’s just another exercise in Pavlovian marketing. The bit at the end with an obviously disengaged, paycheck -grabbing Ford is hilarious - it looks like a Fallon sketch.

1 Like

Not enjoying this just seems misanthropic to me. I’m fully prepared to bawl my eyes out in a theater come December. From my experience, it’s not a good film if I’m not. Sequel? No, no, no… this is a series. Originality really is the combination of two or more pre-existing concepts. That’s where true creativity is born. So, misanthropes, do your worst. However, the catharsis required to produce this film is merit enough for me to stake out a good seat at my local cinema. For some, this film series is a cornerstone of many a generation. Hence, the emotional response. Those who don’t react in this way merely lack empathy. Cynics are ingrates. Get in touch. This film will be awesome.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.