Maxwell Smart goes after the "Groovy Guru"

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/13/maxwell-smart-goes-after-the.html

2 Likes

Knock off the squares

Take to the street

Kill everyone you meet

Just kill, kill, kill

That is definitely going into a song.

7 Likes

It already went into a song, but I think it’d make a great remix too. You know what they say: Sacred Cows make the best burgers.

10 Likes

typing down here to just like type down here

5 Likes

I often wonder what Maxwell Smart would think of the 21 century, where practically everyone has portable phones that are not in their shoes.

16 Likes

I didn’t know DJs were using laptops back then.

15 Likes

I spotted Barry Newman. From Vanishing Point. And Petrochelli! (sp?)

2 Likes

He’d think the terrorists had won, is what.

5 Likes

KAOS was a terrorist organization?

I thought it was an anachronistic K-pop group that worked Love Boat cruises; silly me.

*lolz

9 Likes

#startupideas

4 Likes

Sacred Cows will be milked!

8 Likes

And yet more Groovy Gurus:

Maxwell Smart’s “Groovy Guru” and Star Trek’s “The Way to Eden” could be a great double feature for a rainy day weekend!

18 Likes

Hey hey we’re the Monkees…

No?

Missed it by that much.

7 Likes

We call them phones, but they have cameras too, and computers more powerful than the ones we used to put a man on the moon.

And what do we do with this magic brick? Pick political fights with total strangers via the Internet, and watch stupid cat videos. Sometimes both at once.

8 Likes

Preachin’ to the choir, yo; I’ve often mused on what a vastly powerful tool the internet is, and how the majority of us squander it on meaningless bullshit.

It is what it is.

5 Likes

Plus the James Garner version of The Little sister for afters.

1 Like

Oooh I just watched that on my Tivo queue yesterday (The film, Marlowe).

Bruce Lee has a fun bit part as a mob goon and Rita Moreno does a fantastic striptease at the end (damn pasties!)

2 Likes

…or sporting a Jerry Only hairdo.

1 Like

Preaching to the choir? The mere fact that I’m here means I’m wasting my time on trivialities :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

That & the Elliot Gould The Long goodbye are two favourite films of mine.
I’ve always been annoyed Bruce Willis never played Marlowe. Being as pretty much every character he’s ever, ever played owes huge amounts to him, you’d think he’d go back to the source. Bah.

4 Likes