Maybe I shouldn't be telling you about the Zone of Death

Originally published at: Maybe I shouldn't be telling you about the Zone of Death | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Fun stuff.

4 Likes

My daughter reminds me of this whenever we go camping there.

ETA: come to think of it, that’s an awfully suspicious fact to keep bringing up…

46 Likes

Courts do often seem to take the approach of “void on the grounds of being bloody stupid” to this sort of stuff, so I wouldn’t rely on it.

28 Likes

Leela: Uh, Professor, are we even allowed in the Forbidden Zone?

Professor Farnsworth: Of course! It’s just a name. Like “The Death Zone” or “The Zone of No Return.” All the zones have names like that in the Galaxy of Terror.

41 Likes

If she starts rubbing your back while your looking over a deep canyon, I be concerned.

13 Likes

that’s an… oddly… specific piece of knowledge to have.

13 Likes

Sounds like the perfect spot for a battle royale where Libertarians and sovereign citizens and Qnuts can exercise their “freedom”.

26 Likes

Also sounds lke a place were libertarans could settle and claim that the government had no jurisdiction over them.

2 Likes

Is this from the same lawyer who gave Wesly Snipes tax advice?

8 Likes

Seems less reliable than taking to the sea.

4 Likes

But if they settled there, it would solve the problem. Of course, they would be on infinite jury duty.

6 Likes

We’re talking about a very narrow strip many miles long, mostly in what amounts to remote wilderness. Good luck finding a victim for your premeditated crime. More likely a grizzly bear will find you. Ink & Snow: "Burritos"

3 Likes

I’m not sure why they focus on Idaho when the same should be true for Montana and that’s a much more significant chunk of the park. Unless it’s that more people live in the Montana section, such that it would be feasible to assemble a jury.

2 Likes

Don’t tell Peter Thiel or Ammon Bundy.

4 Likes

But Yogi lived in Jellystone Park - completely different place.

5 Likes

Do you have a go-fund-me page for their travel expenses?

7 Likes

I wouldn’t advise watching Mr. Brooks together. :fearful:

5 Likes

So, if one can manage to commit a murder there, would they be called a looper?

1 Like

Why bother? Wouldn’t it just be easier to take a boat into international waters?
Asking for a friend.

4 Likes