Maybe Parliament's honeytrap scandal shows Westminster has simply fallen below the ambient stupidity threshold where that sort of scam thrives

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/14/maybe-parliaments-honeytrap-scandal-shows-westminster-has-simply-fallen-below-the-ambient-stupidity-threshold-where-that-sort-of-scam-thrives.html

9 Likes

I know it’s a cliche, but what were they thinking??

“Tum tim tum, another day working in the public eye as an MP or important parliamentary staff member… Oh what’s this? A man showing me his knob! How nice! Tum ti tum.”

Oh he’s asking me out now! Lovely! Wait, maybe he’s bad. Who knows. Tum ti tum I’ll give him some numbers of my friends before I go off and vote for removing benefits from poor people…"

8 Likes

Isn’t Boris Johnson a bit at loose ends of late?

6 Likes

These people are supposed to be running the country.

No wonder we’ve ended up where we are.

5 Likes

Wasn’t this similar to the reason why the National Teenage Party was created in the 1960s by Screaming Lord Sutch? Teenagers were supposedly too immature to vote, yet John Profumo was mature enough to be an MP.

6 Likes

Yes, the fucking tories really are as dumb as they are evil.

6 Likes

You didn’t mention that after news broke that Wragg had shared personal information about colleagues with the scammers; the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Jeremy [must type this correctly] Hunt praised him for apologising for his role in the attack and called him ‘courageous’.

That he had put other people potentially in danger seems to have been ignored by the party. Fortunately for their blushes, Wragg has resigned the Conservative whip, although he still sits in the Commons.

1 Like

They’re too busy looting the country and looking for their next jobs to bother with that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.