Mayor called Obamas "monkey man" and "gorilla face", but "I'm not a racist"

My remark was about people who deliberately lie about their racism, not those who are denial about it themselves.

In any case, does identity actually help people to conserve or liberate anything?

1 Like

Does metal health drive you mad?

Racists, bigots, sexists, etc… are all either bullies, or ignorant rubes or both. Cowardice is a basic trait…

4 Likes

I have to wonder who does identify themselves as racist these days…

1 Like

Rushing looks like one of those museum reconstructions of an Australopithecus. I’m not surprised he’s confused about what constitutes polite modern human behaviour.

“I’m not racist, plenty of my friends are monkeys and gorillas.”

5 Likes

As @sdmikev said, racism is either an overtly fear and cowardice-based trait, or otherwise is caused by the kind of profound ignorance and lack of thinking skills that it’d be hard to impossible to teach the racist basic arithmetic, much less that other cultures exist and are just as human as they are.

The cowardice is built-in.

2 Likes

Right.
The other day I was at one of our local breweries getting a growler filled.
A couple guys were at the bar having a pint and one of them was saying dumb sexist stuff to the bartender but she’s tough and was handling his crap. She likely could have kicked his ass.
Anyhow, she comes to help me and with one ear I’m listening to these dopes and the one guy is like “I need to watch what I say, sometimes I dig myself in a hole”
Other fella goes, “yea, you really need to watch what you say, especially now days”
I glance over as they do the eye rolling thing as if it’s some kind of fucking assault on their rights to NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE.

11 Likes

Also, Mickey Mouse isn’t a resident of his district, so some of those write-in votes were invalid.

1 Like

Once had a family reunion in central Oregon. You could tell which people lived east of the Cascades and which people lived west. (None of them were racists, but some were definitely Fox-News-infected right-wingers politically.)

Whenever someone says “I am not a racist …”, I interrupt and say “Let me be the judge of that.”

5 Likes

David Duke?

Saying “I’m not racist, but” is right up there with “hold my beer and check this out”. You just have to know it’s not going to end well.

3 Likes

“Sure it’s pretty fast now… But what if we put a little Premium gas in the tank?”

He’s not (just) a racist.

He’s a racist, sexist, homophobic, islamophobic, idiot asshole.

5 Likes
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.