GOP candidate for Florida governor warns people not to "monkey this up" by electing black candidate

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/29/gop-candidate-for-florida-gove.html

7 Likes

35 Likes

“Articulate” sounded a bit like the classic non-complement to AA’s, “You’re so well spoken!” as well.

17 Likes

“Florida man” strikes again

7 Likes

Gillum still won, though. Suck it, DeSantis.

29 Likes

Fuck this shit. Right in the ear.

On the one hand, it’s nice to see who the racist candidates are without having to parse dogwhistles. On the other, it’s that much easier for an equally racist but less blatant about it candidate to hide it, because they have such an egregious example to point people at.

18 Likes

Well, at least he didn’t say Macaca!

The dog whistle of 'young bucks eating steak and driving fancy cars on your dime" has turned into a bullhorn where this stuff just comes out with a shout (see the GOP rep who shouted the N word over and over for Who Is America).

8 Likes

Whatever could have emboldened the GOP candidate to make such a statement?

33 Likes

Republican Candidate Understands His Support Base, News at 11.

19 Likes

Yes, but I don’t think a candidate for that office, even in FL, would have been quite so bold five years ago.

11 Likes

/simultaneous classic insult to all other AA’s.

Gawd that trope makes my skin crawl.

7 Likes

13 Likes

Christ

23 Likes

5901bcfebd912485a360d515da6e02a9|nullxnull

It’s getting to where I just want to sit down and wait for the stupid to drown me.

21 Likes

But OFC every GOP supporting republican voter will say “But I’M not a racist!!”…perhaps, but you’re enabling racists. All of you need to be boiled in your own pudding.

7 Likes

It’s not a dog whistle. When it’s overt you just call it plain racism and don’t let them get away with it.

15 Likes

“Let’s see, how do I capture all the headlines today? I know…”

4 Likes

DeSantis also filed an Amendment to a spending package last year that would have cut off all funding for the Mueller investigation. Obviously Trump thinks he’s a fantastic guy.

13 Likes

The last people in Florida who bought into the racism idea were the whitehairs over sixty and not dead. This demographic, while never going away, is changing rapidly. ALL of the original hippies are over sixty now, anyway.

1 Like

Playing the Venezuela card, again and again,

7 Likes