Mayor of Dolton, Illinois vetoes investigation into herself

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/07/mayor-of-dolton-illinois-vetoes-investigation-into-herself.html

5 Likes

Tell me you would love it if the FBI opened an investigation into your activities without telling me you would love it if the FBI opened an investigation into your activities.

22 Likes

Local corruption stories events increase with the decline in newspapers.

17 Likes

So, she is:

(A) Guilty
(B) Stupid
(C) All of the above

15 Likes

I read someplace else that she has a salary of $250K/yr and was able to pass a change to that so it became $25K/yr. But ONLY if she was not in office. So who is going to run against her for $25K/yr?

She is apparently not answerable to anyone and has many enablers, including bodyguards.

17 Likes

Don’t they have cops in Illin… oh, right.

Hey, there’s a lot of decent places here in Illinois, and even a lot of good people in Dolton. This woman is just grade A garbage.

Need more proof? Her campaign website can be found here: Tiffany for Mayor

Among her boosters are Lori Lightfoot, our Chicago mayor who managed to blow through her goodwill so amazingly that everyone hated her and she didn’t even place in her own primary and Kim Foxx who among other bad moves made national headlines with her handling of Jussie Smollett’s fake harassment case.

13 Likes

It appears they already have.

12 Likes

I’m working my way through Max Hastings new book on the Cuban Missile Crisis (highly recommended, btw) and, as part of the introduction of Adlai Stevenson as UN Ambassador, Hasting passed on the point that Jack and Bobby Kennedy apparently thought it was endlessly hilarious that Adlai Stevenson ever thought he could ever fix the corruption on Illinois politics.

2 Likes

I’m not surprised. That’s why I made the joke.

2 Likes

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

She just copied Trump’s entire platform for 2024.

2 Likes

I doubt local council procedural rules can be used to prevent a criminal investigation. The other side need to dig up some good dirt on her.

1 Like

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

2 Likes

Always has been. Illinois politics (especially Chicago) has always been like that as far back as I can remember. (at least the 1920s, but probably further back than than even.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.