Mayor Rob Ford recording: drunken, sexist, racist, homophobic, abusive rant

I hope that’s true, and that it results in a cessation of coverage of
the mayor here at BB. I for one am sick of seeing articles about this
guy.

Man, next you’ll be saying that there are too many kittens…

Maybe you should clarify, that those “public occurrences” at first
mostly consisted of being somewhat intoxicated at a street party.

Uhh, no. He was caught out back in 2006 drunkenly yelling at a couple at a baseball game “Do you want your little wife to go over to Iran and get raped and shot?” Indeed he was caught numerous times prior to running for Mayor in unbecoming behaviour… See: Rob Ford and a decade of controversy - The Globe and Mail

The notion that the only people outraged by his action are the liberal elites is laughable, and fairly insulting. The Sun, which is about as far to the right as any newspaper in North America, was the one who broke the most recent audio tape of him – and indeed has demanded that he step down. Resign, Mayor Ford and get help | Toronto Sun

(And, as an aside – property taxes have increased under Ford, and we will have an increased tax burden because of his insistence on building a subway for which we lack external funding)

2 Likes

There are more ways than that, not any of them are easily had nor should they be. Do you forget that the initial ruling in his COI trial had that according to the MCIA his seat be declared vacant thus removing him from office?

Criminal conviction would be too high a bar to stand alone especially where violations of the public trust are not by necessity criminal acts.

edit - alone alone alone & words

If coverage were limited to Bumblefuck Fridays like we have Caturdays, I could live with that.

1 Like

At last, someone prepared to speak truth to power.

The headline to this story: “Mayor Rob Ford recording: drunken, sexist, racist, homophobic, abusive rant”. If you take the time to read the transcript, you discover that this headline is ridiculously hyperbolic. So what else is new?

OK, I’ve said it before too many times but I’ll say it again, Canada (and anyone else):

Every time you waste time on ridiculing Rob Ford for yet another predictable embarrassment, at the end of the day Stephen Harper goes to sleep in Ottawa with a shiteating grin on his face.

Fight the real enemy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.