McDonald's is testing a chicken version of the Big Mac

Originally published at: McDonald's is testing a chicken version of the Big Mac | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Chicken Big Mac? Not Chick Mac??

9 Likes

I’d go with Big Chic.

7 Likes

Big Chacken

Royale with Chicken

10 Likes

Don’t they already have that in India?

2 Likes

WRONG - the Royale With Cheese is the Quarter Pounder in France! The Big Mac is the Big Mac. Are we going to have to call The Wolf to clean up this mess now?

12 Likes

WRONG! “Le Big Mac.”

11 Likes

Oh my, however did an enormous data-hungry international megacorporation not anticipate demand and have enough burgers on supply? I mean, yes, shortages might’ve resulted in some free publicity, but gosh they must’ve felt foolish. You’d think they would’ve learned from Popeyes, Burger King, and Ihop that these kinds of highly public blunders just don’t pay!

6 Likes

This is America. baby; uncopyrighted names don’t mean shit.

6 Likes

I don’t even understand… You can make a thin hamburger taste reasonably okay, but two thin chicken patties? I feel like KFC already addressed the dual fried chicken patty sandwich.

4 Likes

That was my first thought - swapping fried beef for fried chicken doesn’t sound any better, and if I’m eating takeout chicken it will be from a place that does chicken right. :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

1 Like

I don’t know about KFC, but when I was in college in the 90s, Rally’s/Checkers had an awesome grilled chicken sandwich.

1 Like

Should be easy enough- McDonalds has a chicken sandwich on their menu for decades (in breaded/fried, and grilled formats), so doing this should be a no-brainer methinks.

Nope. McDonald’s recipe for success is consistency: It’s not good food, but I can walk into a restaurant pretty much anywhere in the US and be guaranteed a mediocre cheeseburger, fried starchy salt carriers (fries) and an over-iced soda, served to me in under 180 seconds from when I drive up to the window.

2 Likes

This! Despite my LOVE of trying local foods, if I’m travelling for work or other situations where I’m not sure if my gut biome and the local cuisine are a match, I will definitely preference a chain like this until such time as I’ve got options should the local cuisine and my GI tract possibly have a disagreement.

If I go back to my teens, however, it was a big deal when my family would travel to other, faraway lands and see what their McD’s had that ours didn’t - the other effect of all that consistency was to make any variation of that consistency truly novel. “What? you can get a glass of wine with your burger in the EU? They put EGGS on burgers in Australia?!”. As an aside, it’s fun to see how far some things (like delicious yolkiness on burgers) have come in the last few decades :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Big facts!

1 Like

This!
ALL THIS!
SO MUCH THIS

3 Likes

I’ve never liked the idea of cheese on a chicken sandwich, it just doesn’t work for me. But that aside this particular combo doesn’t seem like a bad one. Then again, I’ve never really cared for the ‘special sauce’ that comes on a Big Mac. I’d probably just try this once as a novelty.

Not just Eggs, Beetroot too!

1 Like

All these years, I thought the special sauce was a mixture of mayo, ketchup, and relish. Turns out, it’s a little more complex than that.