Probability of second Trump presidency drops sharply as McDonald's announces quadruple-patty double Big Mac

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/26/probability-of-second-trump-presidency-drops-sharply-as-mcdonalds-announces-quadruple-patty-double-big-mac.html

3 Likes

No Thank You Reaction GIF

21 Likes
13 Likes
  1. Shrink Patty.
  2. Profit.
  3. Raise prices.
  4. Profit.
  5. Increase # of patties & raise prices
  6. Profit.
14 Likes

That wondrous headline nearly amounts to an obverse “causation is not correlation” (viz. fallacy of affirming the consequent and/or Arglebargle the IV)

9 Likes

Do they explain what happens with the top of the middle bun? Are they tossing the stump?
Top of the muffin to you!

5 Likes

mezzanine bun

I’m never going to be able unsee that.

14 Likes

That’s it? I thought it’d be more than that.

13 Likes

Ironically this was in Canada for years. I was surprised it wasn’t down here in the US, I would have expected the opposite. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Am I missing something here? Like, does everyone except for me have the ability to unhinge their jaw at will?

7 Likes

Season 11 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

8 Likes

business signs GIF

15 Likes

A quad burger from In-N-Out is over 1000, and doesn’t include the pointless middle bread. I know which one I’d choose.

9 Likes

That is surprising. McD’s in the US took a 4 year break from this monstrosity but it’s been alive and well in Canada? Do you have the Grand Mac up there, too? (Essentially a Big Mac made with larger, Whopper-sized, patties on a larger bun with 2 slices of cheese.)

6 Likes

This is starting to seem like McRib marketing strategy. Once the consumer excitement wanes after the press moves on to another fast food story, they might discontinue it again. :woman_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

Never Trump ex-Republican Tim Miller has a phrase: “hamburger from heaven” anticipating Trump’s upcoming heart attack.

4 Likes

You Can Say Neither Episode 7 GIF by Friends

For that many, id skip fast food entirely and go for a good hamburger or a steak.

4 Likes

No thanks from me too. Now, if they’d bring back that Angus beef burger maybe I’d stop in on occasion.

2 Likes

IMG_2108

6 Likes

As is to be expected from McDonald’s menu photographs, expectation doesn’t meet reality.

6 Likes