McDonald's spreads Christmas cheer

McGoatse

5 Likes

It depends on the roast. I’d say the average American thinks that dark roast = stronger coffee, which is factually untrue but has somehow become what people expect. Lighter roasts have a higher caffeine content on average, but also depends on the source of the beans. Anyway, Starbucks sells a wide variety of beans and roasts, but what most people drink from there are not the specialty beans but their standard line… which is heavily roasted as you pointed out.

I used to work there as a barista so i have some knowledge :slight_smile: Also worked at a much nicer local coffee shop in Reno, smaller places generally will have much much better quality product.

5 Likes

McGoatse’s only come in, er, super size.

4 Likes

as a graphic designer, this makes me want to give up my job. someone tried to do something nice, original, and non-offensive to anyone, now the internet has ruined it, sigh.

6 Likes

can ← FTFY

6 Likes

And only with cream!

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

not “cream” FTFY

5 Likes

Ew! :frowning:

Lol

1 Like

Reminds me of this little treasure.

7 Likes

Hey, crude mockery is one of the only ways in which general public even notices graphic design. A little. For a fleeting moment before forgetting about it again.

The other is complaining when some variation of that “they paid how much for a logo?” gem of journalism comes up.

2 Likes

I feel your pain with the late night coffee choices. :heart:

At least both McDonalds and 7-11 both have both upped their coffee game these days, well compared to what they used to have. McDonalds coffee used to have the flavor profile of black, acid, scalding, and styrofoam while 7-11 was a nice burnt cardboard. Now that they’re both at drinkable level when noother options are easily available.

Heck i remember the swill from those self dispensing small styro coffee cup machines like the ones found in hospitals that only dispensed bitter bitter caffeinated disappointment.

1 Like

i suppose that’s true. maybe it’s better to not be noticed. : )

2 Likes

Really!? Ok, well, I guess I’ll be the one that does it.

17 Likes

Behind every one of these incidents, there’s a new guy on their first day thinking, “Maybe I should say something… nah! Probably just me. Don’t want them to think I’m some kind of freak.”

5 Likes

On the one hand, in this age it is hard to do anything without being mocked online one group or other.

On the other hand, someone really should have caught that.

3 Likes

Where’s the Do Not Like button when you need it…

4 Likes

Clever how you ran the clip backwards!

1 Like

I had no idea those were mittens either.

2 Likes

It’s under the three dots, between the “Link” button and the “Bookmark” button.

KirkJ to the front counter please. (Waiting to see who gets this reference.)