McDonald's Black Friday oopsy tweet

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/25/mcdonalds-black-friday-oopsy.html

1 Like

Prescient tweet, I’d say.

5 Likes

Fuck McDonalds and Fuck their shitty coffee.

6 Likes

Their coffee is decent. It’s the best thing on the menu.

Also, nice save, Ronald.

11 Likes

Clumsy and unprofessional, but it’s refreshing to see an accidental tweet that didn’t turn out to be reprehensible and vile.

12 Likes

McD’s coffee (not the espresso, mind you) is average, not terrible, and certainly better than most fast, easily-available sources.

5 Likes

And accurate

2 Likes

Should have blamed it on lack of Coffeefee

12 Likes

Clearly a typo for “Need coffee and think”

4 Likes

It’s the best thing on the menu…

Egg McMuffin

5 Likes

Partially gelatinated non-dairy gum-based beverage.

3 Likes
8 Likes

It’s certainly improved a lot in the last few years.

Just avoid the weird gummy-sweet creamer they use that makes the iced coffee all thick and strange.

1 Like

Just yesterday I was having a conversation with someone about receiving a pattern of marketing emails bearing the subject line CORRECTION: BRAND NAME this deal blah blah blah… These usually show up in my inbox right at the point in time when that company’s most recent email has become buried by others. Their original email-mistake is never actually worth correcting, but the company wants me to remember their name, so they make sure I see it twice, and maybe also “humanize” their image (aw, we all make mistakes!) Might even get a mention on one of my favorite blogs. This is the type of ad that ad-blocking software doesn’t catch.

1 Like

What kind of clowns do they have running that company?

Oh, right.

6 Likes

Original story made me chuckle.
Wendy’s tweet added to the fun.
Then… the downer. WENDY’S LEFT THE UK IN 2000 AND I HAVEN’T HAD A SQUARE BURGER IN YEARS!!! :rage::cry::rage::cry::rage:

…and breathe

2 Likes

Nope; you’re thinking of their “espresso”. Their COFFEE is 100% coffee, albeit not amazingly high quality. That said, it’s decent enough, compared to similarly fast, accessible (especially late at night) offerings.

2 Likes

That’s easy, I avoid even the choicest of gourmet non-dairy creamers.

2 Likes

When a tweet fails to go through the ten layers of corporate and legal approval…

Response took 9 hours because it was properly vetted and a/b tested.

1 Like

How did anyone notice this?

Who is following McDonald’s on Twitter???

4 Likes