McKinsey is lying about its role in building ICE's gulags, and paying to own the top search result for "McKinsey ICE"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/16/fisking-mckinsey.html

2 Likes

qui cum canibus concumbunt cum pulicibus surgent.

6 Likes

Every day, in every way, America just gets more and more horrible.

5 Likes

top search result for “McKinsey ICE”

This BoingBoing post is currently the third of the “top stories” at the top of my google search results for McKinsey ICE.

6 Likes

Although neither article mentions Wall Street Pete*, one of the few things I like about his campaign is that it’s drawn more attention to this rotten company. The damage McKinsey does usually flies under the radar of the general public. Buttigieg’s having been part of their grifting, amoral and arrogant corporate culture reflects badly on him, especially because it wasn’t so far in his past.

[* and he’s beside the point. Corporate dysfunction in late-stage capitalism is one of Cory’s focus areas whether or not there’s an election, and Propublica has done excellent investigative work on the topic as well.]

5 Likes

There’s nothing like a suspiciously specific denial to show pride in your work.

More broadly, this episode seems to reflect poorly on their (often highly valued) role in lending credibility to decisions that internal stakeholders have already reached but need to burnish.

As best I can tell, in their work with ICE, McKinsey actually did a pretty solid job of working out what the client wanted and getting right to it. This embarrassingly public attempt to side-pedal away from their work, though, is not helping their image as the objective expertise reason we’re doing what we wanted to do beforehand, at all, however. That can’t be making the client terribly happy.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.