McSweeney's Wendy Molyneux tackles the logic behind COVID-19 vaccination hesitancy

Originally published at: McSweeney's Wendy Molyneux tackles the logic behind COVID-19 vaccination hesitancy | Boing Boing

23 Likes

Talented writer.

7 Likes

Some people might be all out of fucks to give, but not Wendy Molyneux!

29 Likes

Thank you, this does channel my rage very nicely!

12 Likes

This piece truly captures the zeitgeist of 2021. Very well said!
new york giants GIF

28 Likes

So, kind of like tackling a garbage bag full of stuffed animals?

ETA: sorry, “a fucking bag of fucking stuffed animals” (sheesh)

9 Likes

so fucking say we fucking all.

23 Likes

I know where all those fucks went, now!

30 Likes

The “logic” behind vaccination hesitancy?

WTF you talking about.

logic

23 Likes

It reads like someone took one of my father’s rants from my childhood memories and changed the subject from my mom’s credit card debt to covid vaccine hesitancy.

12 Likes

She really exercises the full versatility of F**k. F’in A.

Mcsweeney’s has been on a roll: https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/faq-for-rushing-delta-delta-variant

8 Likes

I mean yeah…this is funny and all, but:

or you still have the opportunity to get the vaccine against COVID-19.

Not exactly. My brother, living in Costa Rica, has enough money to be able to fly to the US so that he and his family could get their first, and then second, doses. But, much of the country is still waiting to get the vaccines.

We still have a long way to go.

11 Likes

The fucking fuckers have only fucking gone and fucking fucked the fucking fuckers, so now the fucking fuckers are fucking fucked. I’m fucking fucked if I fucking know how to fucking fix 'em, they’re so fucking fucked.

Fucking fuck 'em and fucking fuck it, too.

4 Likes

Ugh. I have a relative that is vaccinated. They are afraid of the side effects of the vaccine and think that getting Covid (and risking death) gives better immunity, but they don’t have an explanation for why hospitals are filled to the gills with unvaccinated people dying of Covid and not filled with people dying of vaccine side effects.

Sigh… Definitely still need to avoid superspreading family gatherings like thanksgiving.

8 Likes

Well, I got the fucking vaccine. Five fucking months ago. So did everyone in my family. So now can I put the fucking coronavirus in my fucking rear view mirror?

3 Likes

This article offends me in its scientific inaccuracy: the piranha is a freshwater fish!

15 Likes

Might be in your blind spot instead of your rearview mirror… :thinking:

The breakthrough rate with Delta is significant. Even “mild” covid sucks. So the reduced hospitalization and death is great, but I’d prefer not to get Covid at all.

12 Likes

Not sure I follow. What,exactly, is she trying to say?

6 Likes

Good for her for keeping up the good fucking fight. I myself am all out of fucks for these fucking fuckwits.

13 Likes

I would love to have sat in on the editing process for this piece:

" ‘Fucking fuck fuck fuck’ seems a little harsh. Could we change it to ‘Fucking fuck fuck’ instead?"

6 Likes