McSweeney's Wendy Molyneux tackles the logic behind COVID-19 vaccination hesitancy

That is true, but it is important to point out that we have other tools to consider how related different species are. Advances in gene sequencing technologies and available computing resources have empowered bioinformatics to look at this at a genetic level. Look at how the “tree of life” from the 19th century has evolved into phylogenetic trees based on genetic comparisons. Occam’s Razor has a field day with any explanation that does not invoke common ancestry.

5 Likes

Fake vax card peddlers need to be prosecuted and appropriately jailed. Then they can fuck right off a short pier and keep on fucking off forever.

Fuck.

14 Likes

Barren field

Bonus:

…or with a Detroit accent.

7 Likes

Can confirm. :rofl:

6 Likes

It’s Ashley Morris from beyond the grave

4 Likes

Someone must like the taste of Lifebuoy
a christmas story GIF

7 Likes

No. Because there are a fuck-load of fucking fuckers out there who fucking haven’t. And they’re gonna fucking keep spreading it the fuck around until it fucking mutates into a fucking worse fucking version that fucks us all.

Fuck.

14 Likes

He probably took Ivermectin.

“When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.”

2 Likes

At least it’s not Dawn liquid- that stuff made me fucking puke like fucking adam fucking savage during the fucking shark week episodes. all because I fucking said the fucking word ‘shite’ one fucking day when I was fucking 7 years old. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

An antivax “friend” of mine posted some bs on Facebook yesterday about this not being a free country if we start requiring vaccine passports. What I wanted to say was basically Molyneux’s rant. Instead, I tried to take the high road and point out that this was no different than the nursing school she and I had both attended (yes, she’s a fucking nurse…I mean, fuck!) required us to be vaccinated against hepatitis and a bunch of other stuff. She then tells me she opted out of those (I didn’t know that was an option, and if she took a religious exemption, she lied to get it), and blah blah fucking antivax fucking bullshit. And then her friends all called me rude. I wish I’d just gone on a fucking rant now. It wouldn’t have made any difference, but at least I’d feel better.

14 Likes

It can be quite cathartic to clear people like that out of your Facebook friend list. Not going to tell you what to do, but it’s always an option.

4 Likes

They must be white. Otherwise they would have realized long ago that this was never a free country.

4 Likes

Of course she’s white.

That’s always a last resort for me. I don’t want to isolate myself in a leftist bubble, even though I’d probably be less stressed. I just don’t want to forget that there are people like her out there, who I know for a fact were once normal, decent people. The brainwashing by evangelical churches (which she joined a few years ago) and by conservative media is, from a certain point of view, impressive.

5 Likes

I wasn’t sure I was going to make it all the way through, seeing quickly what the hook was, and being pressed for time, but then I got to “absolute fucking fuck-barf” and I was locked in. Pure poetry.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.