Media spokesmillennial actually 55 years old

It’s a little known fact that Quantum Leap is a prequel to Star Trek: Enterprise.

(Show/movie with actor X is a prequel to show/movie also with actor X is a great joke every time, I swear)

15 Likes

[quote]Forbes is a traditional redoubt of business journalism, but in recent years has morphed into a blog platform. This results in lots of content, much of it trash, under a masthead that confers authority and weight.[/quote]Suddenly this springs to mind:

PC Gamer has considerably more detail.

ETA: Having read the Beast article, I’m also reminded of this “agekin” thing that’s been circulating.

“The guy on NCIS: New Orleans was on another show?”

I’m kidding of course, although, interestingly, wealthy 55 year old white guys is the NCIS: New Orleans.
target demographic.

6 Likes

I’m in my mid-60s…so this must at least shift me out of that ridiculous Boomer generation. Right?

Just don’t touch my Medicare. Or my Social Security. Or my senior citizen Transit half-price pass. Or my fast-food discounts. Or my many, many entitlements. You millenial whippersnappers are so selfish.

15 Likes

“Agekin”? Gawd, I just, I don’t even want to know.

2 Likes

Would folks care less if he said he was genx?

2 Likes

Maybe they’re romantically involved and he just missed him/her… if so, how very sweet.

5 Likes

After seeing the link to that meme I spent a few moments going down that rabbit hole. Your first instinct is correct.

Of course they’d care less. Gen Xers like myself are irrelevant slackers when compared with the glorious Boomers or their special snowflake Millenial offspring. I honestly can’t imagine why anyone would pretend to be a Gen Xer – especially a guy who couldn’t pull off claiming to be five years younger than his actual age, let alone 20.

7 Likes

Aren’t Forbes’ online articles mostly clickbait these days, anyway?

2 Likes

Yes. As @beschizza says, forbes.com has become a pay-for-play blog platform. Anyone with the right amount of cash, fame or (unvetted) credentials can post there and pull credibility from what remains of the business magazine’s brand.

3 Likes

I do, but I am borderline millenial.[quote=“anon50609448, post:21, topic:92334”]
Show/movie with actor X is a prequel to show/movie also with actor X is a great joke every time, I swear
[/quote]

I am convinced that Rick from The Young Ones faked his own death in that bus crash and changed his name to Alan B’Stard.

5 Likes

For instance: Xena, Warrior Princess took place on Kobol. Cylon model #3 (Deanna) was designed based on images of a legendary hero preserved during the Exodus.

Or: Neal Caffrey is actually Bryce Larkin, having faked his death again.

8 Likes

While ridiculous, I’m not convinced that a 55 year old posing as a millennial is any more ridiculous than the actual boundaries demographers use for my generation. Depending on whose definition you choose, anyone currently between 12 and 40 can be a millennial - including, for example, current high school students and many of their parents.

I imagine this 55 year old former Intel engineer has more in common with a 30-40 year old millennial such as myself (ok, I’m still 29 for another month), than I do with today’s 12 year olds.

7 Likes

Being 31, I was under the impression that I count as a millenial, and I basically grew up watching Quantum Leap with my parents. Good times :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Like a HuffPo of business!

My first notice of their downtick in quality was the spree of Bitcoin or otherwise Blockchain-related company blogspam to grant “Published in Forbes!” legitimacy to shitty investments.

1 Like

That’s why I watch Supernatural, to find out what happens to Rory’s ex-boyfriend Dean from Gilmore Girls. He’s had quite an exciting life since they split up…

9 Likes

A 55yr old, posing as a 35yr old, speaking for Millennials? That doesn’t sound awkward at all…

4 Likes

Why I watch every show and movie I’ve ever watched: To see what happens to all those people Jack McCoy put in prison.

8 Likes

Is Law and Order a prequel to Beauty and the Beast or a sequel?

2 Likes

Millennials are from around 16-17 to 36-37 years old.

2 Likes