Meet the "invisible" laptop stand that raised $1 million

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/28/meet-the-invisible-laptop.html

Why not mention my wrists? I could use some less strain on my wrists. However, I think tilting the keyboard the other way would reduce it, and adding a certain angle to each half of the keyboard would make it nearly ergonomic.

Also, maybe unusable. But there’s always a trade-off.

6 Likes

2fa7e0

6 Likes

I have one of these, I backed the kickstarter. They perform as advertised, the only negative I would give them is that they are essentially disposable, as attempting to remove them will deform it enough that it won’t work again.

5 Likes

SMILE - I got you an Invisibles laptop!

3 Likes

This. That is exactly the wrong way to tilt it to make it easier on your wrists.

5 Likes

Just looking at that thing made my wrists hurt.

4 Likes

for when you don’t look enough of a douche just having that glowy apple symbol proudly on display, amiright?

…no? 

3 Likes

Dang, I thought this was going here:

1 Like

I find this a bafflingly common set up, one that is ergonomically backwards as typing with your wrists bent backwards is the worst position for them while moving the fingers. Yet people elevate their keyboards like this all the time. Keyboard in offices and public spaces frequently have the poorly thought out legs in the back engaged, raising the back of the keyboard - maybe because people can read the key caps better?

I can see that this stand could be useful for raising the height of the screen for media consumption, just not for typing.

Next up! Kickstarter for all-metal invisible laptop stand!

…wait, this wasn’t being sarcastic?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.