Meghan McCain wants Dr. Anthony Fauci replaced by someone who "understands science"

That was my point, though. It’s not the people wandering the halls of congress that are wielding the real power, or at least it’s a very small few of them in reality that are bothering to use their power. I think most of them are being happily manipulated and controlled by people far smarter than they are, and we forget that at our peril.
This is by NO means excusing the asshats who do roam the halls for congress for their actions, or lack of actions. But I think most of them have given their power away to “think tanks” and the like who draft legislation for them to push at all levels. The people we see in the news aren’t really the ones driving the narrative, is what I was trying to get at. Apologies if this is clumsy, I’ve gotta run to a thing.

8 Likes

In an era when the MyPillow guy is a power broker I’m not sure about “competent” or “intelligent”

8 Likes

I feel like people like him make exceptionally useful red herrings to distract from, say, the Kochs (ok, now Koch) of the world – who are most definitely not “stupid,” at least in a raw intelligence/savviness sense.

4 Likes

any second now . . . tick . . . tick . . . tick . . .

16 Likes

I’ve always said that to be a Republican, one must be either really stupid, really evil or both. It would seem pretty evident that the smart but evil Republicans are in the minority, so the question is: how much power do they really wield at this point?

1 Like

enough to hold 50 seats in the senate and for a disastrously failed president to attract 75 million votes.

6 Likes

Is that the stupid Republicans, the smart but evil ones or the stupid and evil ones? I feel there should be some kind of phylogeny.

2 Likes

related:

10 Likes

In an era when political satire seems to have been overtaken by reality, somehow, The Onion manages to crush it.

6 Likes

But they have to work at it much harder than they used to.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.